Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance UCC, investment career

Options
  • 20-04-2015 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was just trying to get some information the course finance, I have an interest in investment's and fund management and having read reviews and talked to people about it they seem to say that it is hard to get into and most people just do accounting. As I have little interest in becoming an accountant I would like to know if investments is a hard area to get into?
    And also if I was to do a post grad in asset management would this improve my chances my career options?
    Also what sort of wage would I be looking at?
    Looking forward for reply!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FreaksAndGeeks

I assume you are interested in stocks,options, derivatives and managing these typed of assets etc?
    I would honestly recommend the Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science course if you really want to make a career in that type of area in the future.
    You will have a much better starting position and (starting salary) when trying to enter that field rather than having a Finance degree.

Advertisement