Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bespoke larder for kitchen

Options
  • 19-04-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

HI. We have just moved into our forever home and haven't many bucks between us to do up the kitchen how we would like. Its a lovely kitchen but needs a few things so we are looking for a larder to be built in to the area where the fridge was, and for it to be bespoke so we can get bins built in to the bottom half.
    Also want to get some wire drawers fitted to existing cupboards which are very deep and impossible to find anything in.
    Any help much appreciated TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We're sort of doing something similar. Our fridge is currently in a big cupboard in our kitchen with unplastered breeze blocks inside and nasty, old white louvred doors.

I brought one of our current kitchen cabinet doors into The Panelling Centre and they found the closest match in panelling, then I ordered custom made doors to replace the white ones. We have a carpenter coming in to fit the doors and to build pull-out deep shelves in the cupboard to turn it into a pantry/larder. I'm sadly excited about it!

We are getting our kitchen/dining room knocked into one (which is why the fridge will no longer need to go in the cupboard!) and I've also ordered a matching island from the panelling centre and we're getting a bin in there. Our builder is going to plaster the inside of the cupboard too so the breeze blocks will be covered.

Is that the kind of thing you were thinking of doing? If you get matching panelling for the existing kitchen a decent carpenter should be able to build you a cupboard easily enough. Our carpenter is building some extra shelving and counter space for us as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Check out kitchen fittings suppliers for a range of different pull out options. Flanagan Fittings in Dublin or Hafele in Wicklow.

Advertisement