Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair checked-bag Fees

Options
  • 19-04-2015 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭

Hey so I know that to check a bag with Ryanair in September going to Italy is €25 per pag per leg. I also know if you don't check it until you get to the check in desk it is SUBSTANTIALLY higher. Thirdly I know that according to Ryanair's website if you don't check a bag when booking but do check it through manage my booking prior to going to the airport the charge is higher. However my problem is I cannot see HOW much more it costs to book through manage my booking. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

hdowney wrote:
    Hey so I know that to check a bag with Ryanair in September going to Italy is €25 per pag per leg. I also know if you don't check it until you get to the check in desk it is SUBSTANTIALLY higher. Thirdly I know that according to Ryanair's website if you don't check a bag when booking but do check it through manage my booking prior to going to the airport the charge is higher. However my problem is I cannot see HOW much more it costs to book through manage my booking. Can anyone shed some light on this.

As in add on after booking flight, but before checking in online?

If so I thought it costs the same as if adding checked bags at time of original booking. Might be a card charge too. Although I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭SweetSand

It was an extra €10 (in total, for large bag both ways, so instead of €60 we paid €70) for us on a recent trip to Nice and only afterwards I found out that there is no extra fee if you do it through Ryanair app.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

after booking flight, before online check-in, in the manage my booking tab. in the table of fees it says it will be more than if you do it at time of booking, but not how much :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

ProudDUB wrote:
    Ryanair fees here.

Yea I have seen that. As I said it does NOT say how much it will cost of you book thru manage my booking. It only gives the price at initial booking and the price at the airport?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

I had to look for my parents earlier on, it's minimum €20 on each flight so if you've return flight booked it's minimum €40 for a 15 kg bag

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The fees are not clear for adding them after the initial booking is made, I think this is to cover Ryanair should they decide to change the amount at some stage in the future. If you know you will need a bag add it during the booking.

yea that's what i think i am going to have to do. i wanted to book flights today - but due to a setback over the weekend am temporarily short the money for the bag, so i am going to have to wait to do the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

I just checked and if I want to add a bag to a booking I have in July its 30 for 15kg each leg or 40 for a 20kg.
    Thats for a flight to Spain. Added them at time of booking for 25 each way for 20 kg

BrokenMan wrote: »
    I just checked and if I want to add a bag to a booking I have in July its 30 for 15kg each leg or 40 for a 20kg.
    Thats for a flight to Spain. Added them at time of booking for 25 each way for 20 kg

that's not bad it is only €5 each way more on a 15kg bag. thanks for that :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement