Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharon van etten - vicar street 23rd april

Options
  • 19-04-2015 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

This gig needs a thread! Really looking forward to this one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Tempted but can't find anyone to go with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

her latest album is excellent-and her voice would make it worth the trip, alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Tempted but can't find anyone to go with me!

Just go anyway. It'd be a shame to miss out for that reason alone. There's nothing wrong with going to gigs on your own, as plenty of people on here will testify.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

roll wrote: »
    her latest album is excellent-and her voice would make it worth the trip, alone!

Find out online when she is scheduled to begin her set and rock into Vicar just as she's about to start. The lights will be down no one will actually notice or care that you are on your own.

I've done this a few times when I've been left high and dry by mates. It's not ideal but i would have missed some amazing gig if I just sat at home and felt sorry for myself.

lc180 wrote: »
    Find out online when she is scheduled to begin her set and rock into Vicar just as she's about to start. The lights will be down no one will actually notice or care that you are on your own.

I've done this a few times when I've been left high and dry by mates. It's not ideal but i would have missed some amazing gig if I just sat at home and felt sorry for myself.

love going to gigs on my own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

roll wrote: »
    love going to gigs on my own!

I quoted the wrong person :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Anyone know stage times for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nestegg

I sadly can not go,if anyone wants a free ticket p.m a promise you will have a good time and your email address and I will send it to you as my good deed of the day.

Going to be a **** gig anyway.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

pm sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone know stage times for tomorrow?
    Sam Amidon 8.30
    Sharon 9.30

according to leagues tweets @foggynotions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 nestegg

Winner (someone)

Loser (me)

Free ticket gone to good home.

I can't post links but if you never saw it google 'Sharon Van Etten and John Cambell'

You are welcome.

Hi folks,

I have a spare ticket as a friend of mine couldn't go and every other one is busy, so, instead of it going to waste, I will happily give it to fellow boardie for free... Just shout..

Great gig.. Really enjoyed it..

To think I could have missed that. Thanks to the boardsies here who said I should go. Great gig!

Superb gig. A great band and Sharon is an effortlessly likeable stage presence. I really hoped that Don't Do It might have made the set list, but other than that very minor quibble, no complaints. I Don't Want to Let You Down and Your Love is Killing Me were awesome.

Afraid of Nothing
    Taking Chances
    Warsaw
    Tarifa
    Give Out
    Save Yourself
    Break Me
    Tell Me
    I Don't Want to Let You Down
    [new song]
    Kevin's
    All Over Again
    Your Love is Killing Me

Ask
    Every Time the Sun Comes Up

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Was everytime the sun comes up not played as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Was everytime the sun comes up not played as well?

She closed with Everytime the sun comes up.

Fantastic gig

Setlist duly amended.
    :)

Great gig tonight! There were quite a lot of songs I was hoping she'd play that didn't make the setlist ("Serpents", "Leonard", "You Know Me Well" and "I Know" being the main culprits) but overall I can't complain. Was pleasantly surprised when she played "Ask" in the encore, it's one of my favourites from Tramp but I wasn't expecting it!

Highlight of the evening for me was "Give Out" - that song is magical when performed live! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Great gig last night. Hearing her live you can really appreciate how powerful her voice is.
    I was hoping for ‘Serpents’ and ‘I Know’ but I can’t complain, she has so many great songs to choose from.

Her stage position was a bit odd though. She had her back turned to a part of the audience for some of the gig.

• Advertisement

So Sharon's from Achill Island-who knew?! Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Great gig last night. Hearing her live you can really appreciate how powerful her voice is.
    I was hoping for ‘Serpents’ and ‘I Know’ but I can’t complain, she has so many great songs to choose from.

Her stage position was a bit odd though. She had her back turned to a part of the audience for some of the gig.

That was only when the lead guitarist was shredding I think? Maybe twice the whole gig I'd say.

Also, that new song was stunning. Can't wait for her next record!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Sappy404 wrote: »
    That was only when the lead guitarist was shredding I think? Maybe twice the whole gig I'd say.

Also, that new song was stunning. Can't wait for her next record!

She was standing side on for most of the gig, singing to the keyboard player. I just thought it was an odd setup.

That guitar solo on I Don't Want To Let You Down was great!

Has Darren Jessee (former Ben Folds Five drummer) left the band?
    I assumed he'd be touring with her. He was still with them at the start of the year.

Still thinking about this gig. Your Love Is Killing Me in particular!

Advertisement