Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will I- Won't I. Hmmmm

• 19-04-2015 6:47pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

1 week off the booze but have spent the last few days lurking on here. There is something bugging me, I know I want to give the booze. I'm not a big drinker. MIGHT have 2-4 drinks over the whole weekend. Most of the time that would only be 2. Would have the odd heavy session every 2-3 months. Depression is an issue and the mood swings after a big session are crazy.

Gave up last year for 3 months and felt absolutely amazing. Never had so much energy in my life. Was surviving on 6 hours sleep a night and was buzzing to get out of bed the next morning. At that time I was involved in some very engaging community stuff. Was constantly meeting new people and was really buzzing about it. Would regularly go to events and the pub with new and old mates. Never stayed long but always loved jumping back into one of my cars for the drive home.

Anyway the summer is coming, the sessions are coming and I'm thinking I need\want to give up the booze.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

To me it sounds like drinking itself isn't a problem for you but if it aggravates depression/anxiety then it does become problematic. I've had depression before but that's been overshadowed by anxiety disorder that has taken over my life. Turning to drink or drugs is an easy short term solution but it will (not can) lead to major problems down the line. If you feel that having a few drinks will not negatively impact your mental health then I'd say go for it. But if you're in any doubt then my advice would be to steer clear. Your mental health is too important to be leaving it up to chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

I read somewhere that if you suffer from anxiety/depression that drinking is like 'driving with the handbrake on'. You will never have any peace if you keep feeding the monster basically. I repeat it to myself regularly when any doubt sets in.

Advertisement