Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seiko 6139 Prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Why the high price Cmyk? They're a dealer and are chancing their arm some naive passerby will buy their fancy BS. And yep waaaaaaaaaaaaaa *breath* aaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

I'd pay that for a minter early resist/proof dial Pogue alright, but not for a pretty standard and common 6139. EBay usually has pages of them up for grabs at any one time. Here's a Pogue, the most sought after model and looks pretty good for under 300 quid. Puty about the current exchange rate mind you… Here's a black dialled version from the same seller also in very nice condition for just over 200. Here's another which looks pretty good, though has a replacement strap, again 200. These are all EU based so faster to get and no duty etc. I'd stick within the EU if I were you C.

Short answer CM, I'd personally not punt much more than 300 quid on one myself. If you miss one you like another will come along.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

Thanks a million for all that Wibbs, that's exactly what I wanted to know. That black dialled one is lovely, not a fan of the pogues at all, though that's just personal preference. I'll keep an eye on eBay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I got a Pogue a few years back and TBH I'm with you on that CM. If I was to get another Pogue type I'd be looking for the dark blue model, or be following your tastes and looking beyond the pogue style 6139s. To my eyes the yellow one looks "cheap" for the want of a better word. Plus being a cheap bastard myself the non pogues can be had for usually a fair bit less, or you can buy a better example for the same money and they're soooo much less likely to have hooky parts or to be outright fakes. Result. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

cmyk did you purchase one since? I notice the one you linked to found a new home.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement