Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need ideas on how to display 5000 old photographs.

Options
  • 18-04-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have had a massive storage chest full of photos in my house for many years containing photos from over a 40 year period. They range from family photos and extended family on both my parents sides also. I have spent the past week sorting them into categories and have roughly 12 categories. I have yet to get a final count on just how many there actually is but I am estimating in and around the 5000 mark. I will have a final count in a few days time.

I really don`t fancy putting all the category`s into separate albums and end up with just 12 or so albums as I truly believe their has to be a better more unique way of displaying them all.

It was suggested to me by someone a feature wall in my house dedicated to nothing but these photos but as I live in a semi detached house, it just wouldn't fit, not look right.

Other than that, I am really struggling to come up with any more ideas as I have no experience in any type of art displays or photography for that matter.

Any help, or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Subscriber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Long term scan project and then play the photos onto a wall from a dedicated system?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭pwllor

It seems like a good idea to digitalize them anyway

Advertisement