Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding - Meteor - Did something change recently?

Options
  • 18-04-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a Mikrotik router with a usb dongle connected to it using a meteor 3g sim.

I had a few IP cameras connected to it and a linux box that I used to be able to SSH into, using a no-ip and formerly a dyndns redirect.

All worked well for the last few years with this. I hadn't been accessing it recently but now when I try to its not working anymore. Pings to my dynamic IP are being refused.

Does anyone know if meteor have changed something recently, I have read a few things about carrier grade NAT being used now which is makes my IP unreachable?? Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Have checked over my mikrotik firewall settings and I don't think anything is amiss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Yeah meteor are no longer supporting Public IP address

you will have to find an alternative i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

Hmm just read this thread further down the forum... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057406970

Seems like they have changed the set up recently alright as my public IP is in the range quoted, nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

IPv6 tunnelled (via SixXS or HE) over IPv4 works but it's slow. If you run aiccu and radvd on the linux box it'll hold the tunnel open and it'll hand out IPv6 to the LAN so you should be able to get back to it from another IPv6 machine on the Internet. If your IP cams are IPv6 capable that might be all you need.

Depending on your requirements, Hamachi or Pertino might be of use.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement