Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man threatens to "punch the baby out" of heavily pregnant girlfriend in the North

Options
  • 18-04-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Real charmer this one, isn't he?

5 sprogs by the age of 25 to boot, obviously nobody told him where the local pharmacy is. What has to go wrong in a persons life to make them behave like that? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

did you witness this?

edit: nevermind didn't see the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

"Grrrr. .. If I got my hands on him... I'd. .. I'd. .. give him a piece of my mind... the.. the scoundrel"

Or words to that effect.

That's that discussion finished for another 'news' dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

wprathead wrote: »
    did you witness this?

No, and it probably did my car a power of good that I didn't because the next thing I'd have done is ran him over with it... repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Looks a decent enough sort in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Maybe he was just eager for its arrival?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

The lawyer said Woods, a father of five children, had grown up in a household where violence was "the norm" which, while not an excuse, did explain his offending.

Shur didn't he have a rough upbringing judge, it wasn't his fault :rolleyes:

Maybe he was just eager for its arrival?

Oh, you're hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Why Is this any more Offensive than saying for example. "I will punch the face off you" or "slap you good looking" ?

Should have read the article.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

What a vicious little cnut.

She'll probably be waiting for him when he gets out. For every guy from the dregs of the pile like this, theres a girl with so little confidence that she thinks he'll be a suitable partner for her.

At least he got jail time. Down here you need about 20 convictions for that to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why Is this any more Offensive than saying for example. "I will punch the face off you" or "slap you good looking" ?

Because it's worse???

At least there it's too adults who will most likely recover...to stop someone who pregnant from breathing can do severe damage to a baby very quickly I would imagine???

Jokes about punching babies out of their mothers don't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jinonatron

He's just misunderstood. And all those other women he abused probably deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I played "I bet I can guess which newspaper this is from". I won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Because it's worse???

At least there it's too adults who will most likely recover...to stop someone who pregnant from breathing can do severe damage to a baby very quickly I would imagine???
    Candie wrote: »
    Jokes about punching babies out of their mothers don't do it for me.

I did not read the article, I assumed it was some random comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

he had not caused serious injury to anyone so was not dangerous.
    Although a probation officer assessed Woods as posing a serious danger to the public, the judge said he did not agree with that assessment
    Woods, who smiled and laughed as he left the dock in handcuffs
    Jesus unicycling Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Threats are nothing unless backed with action. Irrelevant story and not attention worthy to this extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Threats are nothing unless backed with action. Irrelevant story and not attention worthy to this extent.

Well he did punch her in the stomach :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Personal issues forum full of lonely souls and this scumbag has multiple women and has threatened and assaulted a few of them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Read the article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Not baby. Foetus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

15 months

incredible or not

Maybe technically fetus, but she was 'heavily' pregnant, so viable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

Not baby. Foetus.

Oh you're just lovely you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Picking on a fetus looks about his level alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

libelula wrote: »
    Oh you're just lovely you are.

You see, I'm pro choice. Saying foetus helps me justify this position to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Four months later the couple attended an interview with Social Services, but when they got home Woods started a row, claiming that she "didn't stand up for him during the meeting by denying there was violence in the relationship".

On that evening he held her against her will and attacked her a number of times.
    And she has had five sprogs with this lowlife?

the_syco wrote: »
    And she has had five sprogs with this lowlife?

No, it just says he has five children, and has previous convictions for violence towards partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Hope she doesn't go back to him when he gets out. Can you imagine the life that poor baby would have with that disgusting "man" as its father. He could end up killing her and her baby.

• Advertisement

The article refers to her as his ex-partner. I hope she stays that way.

Advertisement