Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good tattoo artists

Options
  • 18-04-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Well folks, thinking about getting a sleeve done sooner rather than later :D
    I've got a few small tattoos over the years one including a nautical star on my forearm which I hope can be included in the sleeve.
    Few questions
    1) anyone have names of people/places of good artists in around South/South-East /East ,
    2) rough price on what a sleeve would cost? I know I won't be able to get an exact price because of what detail is in it so on. I just want to know what to expect
    It's koi fish, lotus flowers and whatever can make it flow (no pun intended)

Thanks for any help/info in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Depends on what you're looking for in a sleeve. What style (Japanese, traditional, etc.), whether you want colour or black and grey. Pop into some studios and check out portfolios and see if anything suits what you want. If you're looking for a koi & lotus and colour I'd recommend colour works in Dublin. Some really nice Japanese pieces from the guys there. If you're willing to travel probably the best for Japanese would be Chris crooks in Belfast but you'll probably be waiting until 2016 to get an appointment.

Price wise again all depends but I'd be budgeting €1,000-1,500 for a full sleeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ibanezkav

Depends on what you're looking for in a sleeve. What style (Japanese, traditional, etc.), whether you want colour or black and grey. Pop into some studios and check out portfolios and see if anything suits what you want. If you're looking for a koi & lotus and colour I'd recommend colour works in Dublin. Some really nice Japanese pieces from the guys there. If you're willing to travel probably the best for Japanese would be Chris crooks in Belfast but you'll probably be waiting until 2016 to get an appointment.

Price wise again all depends but I'd be budgeting €1,000-1,500 for a full sleeve.

Thanks very much for that the places near wouldn't be for me let's say and the only place I know I would go is JMD in Waterford just curious about other artists. I'll definitely check out colour works in Dublin see there stuff
    Thanks again for the help it's much appreciated, i would like to check out a few places before I get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Robert Litcan in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ross Nagle in Allstar Tattoo in Limerick does nice Japanese stuff also Damien Ross in Love Hate Tattoo in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

check out snakebite, abbey street, on facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement