Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scar Tattoo

Options
  • 18-04-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey,
    I'm 19 and seriously considering getting a tattoo. My only problem is I have a rare skin type that develops Keloids very easily I have many of these small keloids dotted around for cuts and accidents over the years that I can live with and have only ever had to have two large keloids removed from behind my ears. I wanted to get a tattoo and considered scar tattoo due to the fact that my pigmentation will just keloid instantly I had an idea for a raised scar tattoo. I was just wondering if anyone here knows a thing or two about this kind of issue although I know what I have is rare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Best thing is to talk to an artist about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

As in a scarification rather than a tattoo? I'd imagine it would develop keloids too seeing as you're prone to them with cuts. Best bet is talk to an artist and possibly a dermatologist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I would 100% take Atavan-Halen advise and speak to a dermatologist!

When I was younger, cough ten yrs ago cough cough I had several piercings, the last one I got done caused a very large Keloid on my upper ear! I loved tattoos and always wanted them so because i have very sensitive skin I got the all clear from my dermatologist to get them and when I got my chest done 2 yrs ago I still got two tiny keloids!

If small cuts are causing them I would definitely speak to a dermatologist and get the go ahead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

Actually it better to talk to a dermatologist first before considering talking to the artist about it.

Advertisement