Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what will my 4yr old have to do in first karate grading?

Options
  • 17-04-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    my 4yr old is going for his first grading exam in 3 weeks, from white to yellow belt, and im wondering what he can practice at home in the coming weeks so he stands a better chance of getting through it, he'll be heart broken if he doesnt get his yellow belt. He has learned the following stances:
    Soldier Stance
    Kombat Stance + Switch
    Sitting Stance
    His stretches
    Hes struggling with the kick as he cant get the balance right yet...

Any advice on whats coming up would be welcomed
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

What style of karate is it? Which dojo does your kid train in?

I can find you his styles syllabus and send it to you but I dont know how its been changed to suit kids.

best of luck to your kid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

What style of karate is it? Which dojo does your kid train in?

I can find you his styles syllabus and send it to you but I dont know how its been changed to suit kids.

best of luck to your kid

not sure tbh. Hes' at it for over 18 months since he was barely 3.5 years old and he really enjoys it. He's with Kombat Martial Arts Group in Ratoath with Sensei Gerry Byrne, who's brilliant with all the kids.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The best thing would be to as his Sensei what the sylabus is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

He's four years old... I reckon the odds of him not passing from white to yellow are slim to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He's four years old... I reckon the odds of him not passing from white to yellow are slim to none.

ahh, lets hope so. He'll be delighted if he gets a cert and his new belt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about the grading!!!!! After all your kids only 48 months old, they really only need to see if they can stand up and go the direction they ask!!!!!!!!

Advertisement