Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSDP and PSCS

Options
  • 17-04-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭

What skills are needed to work as a PSDP and PSCS? I know that the regs say that a "competent" person must be appointed to these roles.

What does "competent" mean in relation to these roles?

Can a non-professional fulfill these roles or would they have to be professionals such as architects, engineers, H&S officers etc.?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A non-professional really couldn't be considered competent unless they have specific training to carry out the role.
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    ....or would they have to be professionals such as architects, engineers....

All depends on the nature of the job and the training the professional has, but, usually these professionals would be considered competent to carry out the role of PSDP for domestic works at least.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,308 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What skills are needed to work as a PSDP and PSCS? I know that the regs say that a "competent" person must be appointed to these roles.

What does "competent" mean in relation to these roles?

Can a non-professional fulfill these roles or would they have to be professionals such as architects, engineers, H&S officers etc.?

"competent" means being fully versed in the requirements and having the skills and knowledge to be able to carry them out. ie not a novice

i would also argue that PI insurance here is a must.

also, they are two very different roles

Advertisement