Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand New - Vicar Street - September 22nd

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea been 8 years since they have been here. Only got into them the last few years so delighted they are coming back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Have been waiting for this for a long long time!! Have the alarms and all set and hour head, would expect this to sell out fairly quick at 30 a head. Have never been as excited for a gig in all my life!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have been waiting for this for a long long time!! Have the alarms and all set and hour head, would expect this to sell out fairly quick at 30 a head. Have never been as excited for a gig in all my life!! :D
    Hope you are wrong ha , i cant afford any tickets yet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just picked up two standing tickets. Been waiting years to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Like a lot of you, been waiting patiently, years for this. I was in Florida in October and they were playing there at the time, tried to buy tickets for that and was sold out, went to the venue when I was there hoping to buy tickets off a tout with no joy so I'm delighted about this, got the tickets this morning can't wait :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Paddez

Ended up buying tickets to their Paris show next month after they didn't release any dates for Ireland.
    Saw they announced an Irish date yesterday. Will be seeing them play twice this year :D

Saw them in Manchester last year, bloody good set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I am in. Was hoping for a festival appearance but this'll do. Now to try and convince a friend to join me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Tickets got. Delighted. I'm going to Lollapalooza in Chicago pretty much for them, didn't think they'd announce an Irish date. Mene is a tune too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Shotgun Sister

Cannot waaaaaait for this!! Got my tix last week as well.

Saw them in the Barrowlands in Glasgow about 5 years ago. Stellar gig. Thinking about heading back there to see them play the Art School in June too. It's rare enough they play this neck of the woods. Gotta seize the opportunity.

Duff wrote: »
    I'm going to Lollapalooza in Chicago

Serious gig envy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Anyone know anyone who wants to offload a standing ticket? Seating is all thats left and wanted to check before I pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Tickets came today. As giddy as a schoolgirl.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gomzu

Anybody think there's a chance of them playing a second show?

Just checking back in, I missed out so if anyone has ANY ticket (seated, standing, don't care either way) I'll happily take it off your hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

does anyone know if you have seated tickets on the balcony do you have to remain seated for the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

dublinjen wrote: »
    does anyone know if you have seated tickets on the balcony do you have to remain seated for the gig?

I've never actually seen people standing in the seats so I'm not sure, but there is a standing section behind the seats (which they actually sell tickets for - balcony standing) which you could easily stand in.

frantic190 wrote: »
    I've never actually seen people standing in the seats so I'm not sure, but there is a standing section behind the seats (which they actually sell tickets for - balcony standing) which you could easily stand in.
    cheers frantic, just on the off chance i get over taken by emotions, saw them in uk two years ago and the flashbacks of emotional youth brought on tears

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭hynesie08

dublinjen wrote: »

Just follow the crowd, but remember to be respectful to those around you. (Don't jump around like a gob****e if everyone one else is sitting)

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Just follow the crowd, but remember to be respectful to those around you. (Don't jump around like a gob****e if everyone one else is sitting)

Christ you have excellent optimism, Im more of a professional swayer

• Registered Users Posts: 4 robynalltheway

Hi, I'm a huge Jesse lacey fan and was hoping to surprised my best friend with tickets.
    If anyone knows of anyone selling tickets, please let me know, would be forever grateful.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Just realised after spending ages scrabbling for tickets that I'll be away that week. Utterly gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

sumsar wrote: »
    Heart broken about this lads but... I can't make the gig so I've got two tickets for sale if anyone here wants them? face value.

Hi,

I would take these off you. I'm from Belfast but will obviously be down the day off the gig. Would that suit?

Thanks

Thought I would post this as the Dublin date approaches

http://www.alterthepress.com/2008/11/exclusive-interview-kevin-devine-and.html

"ATP: Despite the UK being so small, people get bummed when bands just play London, like when Brand New played Brixton Academy last time, a lot of people were disappointed but when you get a band coming to Scotland, a lot of people are appreciative.
    JL: Oh when we played Ireland, it felt like we went back to the first ever venue we played in New York.
    ATP: Kind of like the second coming.
    JL: Yeah, it felt like we had come home for the first time in 15 years. It had felt like we had come back from the moon, it was such a great reception by a bunch of kids we've never met before and immediatly we felt so welcome and when you feel that before you play and start your show, its a great experience. Its hard to play Chicago. You have big shows there but you in a way that you are just punching your time card, because you've been there so much. Its the same kids but you have to remind yourself, when you play so much, like Kevin, when you come back to a town like Dallas or London, you may play 200 shows this year so far but that person at that show might have only seen you once. Its the not 200th time they've heard that one song your playing only once or twice before. For them, it has to be an experience. Its not repetitive for them. You may see the same kid in the crowd, three days in a row and you think there are better things to do like hiking in the woods. I don't understand. I want to talk to this kid and say, I promise there are better things to do in the world.
    ATP: It must be flattering though for them to turn up wanting to see you every night.
    KD: Oh, of course.
    JL: It doesn't benefit you in an experience level after thirty days in a row. Its just like go for watch TV, do something different!"

I've met Kevin Devine about 5 times in Dublin now and each time he's polite, friendly and above all appreciative that you took the time to come see him play. Best set ever was when he played to about 40 of us upstairs in Whelans and invited everyone to sit down. He's often manning the merch stand after his own shows too so that it's really easy to go up and have a chat if you're thus inclined.

Does anyone know who's supporting and also what time Brand New are due to be on stage?

Basement are supporting

You can listen to them on Spotify, good band.

Not sure of stage times.

I'd guess basement 8 o clock to half and brand new on at 9 but I have no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

basement on at 830
    brand new on at 930

as per FB

cant wait!

Looking at Setlist.fm, they seem to be playing their second album in full some nights, and a more wide ranging setlist others... I wonder what we'll get tonight?

I've a spare ticket for this, looks like I've been let down last minute.

I don't fancy losing out on €30 but willing to let it go for a reasonable offer

Will confirm at 6:30 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

How was this gig? So unbelievably disappointed to have missed it - just started listening to these guys over the last year or so, amazing band, and in such a small venue too... Hope you all enjoyed it!

• Advertisement

I enjoyed myself far more than a 30 year old man should. :pac:

Advertisement