Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC and other British media

Options
  • 17-04-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods please advise.

We think that the current prime time TV presenters on various media seem to be suddenly resurrected.
    names like Sandy Tovsig , Sue perkins and so on all seem to be plucked from obscurity.

the "conspiracy" we are veering toward is information on the top execs in British media from the saville and apparent paedophile ring, some of these 80's names now seem to be hitting the jackpot with prime time TV and we reckon its a payoff/blackmail.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Both of the names you mention are very well known TV presenters and have been for 10 or more years.

They're probably even better known, to listeners, as panel members/hosts of programmes on R4. Again for at least the last 10 years.

* immediately regrets getting drawn in *

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

Sue Perkins first appeared on TV in 1997.In the 80's she was 11,and so its unlikely that she had any useful information about paedophile rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,309 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

hawkwind23 wrote: »

We think that the current prime time TV presenters on various media seem to be suddenly resurrected.
    names like Sandy Tovsig , Sue perkins and so on all seem to be plucked from obscurity.

the "conspiracy" we are veering toward is information on the top execs in British media from the saville and apparent paedophile ring, some of these 80's names now seem to be hitting the jackpot with prime time TV and we reckon its a payoff/blackmail.

thoughts?

hardly plucked from obscurity. well know names on tv and radio for as long as i can remember.

thoughts?

and who is "we"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

The only conspiracy theory I can see born out by the facts presented by the OP is that your more likely to get a job in the BBC if you are a lesbian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

vandriver wrote: »
    Sue Perkins first appeared on TV in 1997.In the 80's she was 11,and so its unlikely that she had any useful information about paedophile rings.

If she was a victim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Hoop66

my3cents wrote: »
    The only conspiracy theory I can see born out by the facts presented by the OP is that your more likely to get a job in the BBC if you are a lesbian.

Or, y'know, entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

enno99 wrote: »
    If she was a victim ?

thats what i was thinking. im sure there are a few victims still working away in the BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

thats what i was thinking. im sure there are a few victims still working away in the BBC.

yes and probably still in government I see Greville Janner is not going to be brought before a judge

Police and crime commissioner describes decision not to charge Labour peer as "perverse"

http://www.hinckleytimes.net/news/local-news/police-crime-commissioner-describes-decision-9064286

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

enno99 wrote: »
    If she was a victim ?

Ah yeah, because in the current post Savile world she'd be willing to keep her mouth shut. Right. Perkins is as lippy as one would expect of a 4th wave lesbian. The idea that she would not speak out is hilarious.

What the **** am I doing in here!? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

What the **** am I doing in here!? :confused:

oh you were probably looking for the 'facts forum'. this is a place where we discuss theories without the neccessity of definites ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

The "we" is me and my partner , in fact it was her that suggested her theory to me , i thought it had some substance so decided to post on here.

I am not critiquing the presenters on their abilities , however :)

In the case of Sandy Tovisg , Radio 4 is a niche and popular media outlet and fair play to her , but to suddenly jump onto prime time from there is ridiculous regardless of her talent. She was washed up as far as major TV work goes , the odd appearance on late night BBC2 arts programs was about the height of it.
    Be the common mans equivalent of working in Tesco , you might be well regarded heading the butchery department but your not suddenly gonna be mainlined to the boardroom of Tesco in your declining years. If you did eyebrows would be raised and thats simply all im suggesting here.

Sue Perkins is someone i remember being on TV years ago and all of a sudden shes hosting prime time TV out of nowhere, maybe there is a lack of young talent who want to act or host shows , or maybe theres more to it.

Its a conspiracy forum so im not being deadly serious and highbrow , its a thing we chatted about the other night and i liked the idea of it and decided to throw it out there.

My idea being that with such a scandal and such power and money involved in the likes of the BBC only a fool would think that some people aren't leaning on others for favours and advancement.

The "we" is me and my partner , in fact it was her that suggested her theory to me , i thought it had some substance so decided to post on here.

I am not critiquing the presenters on their abilities , however :)

In the case of Sandy Tovisg , Radio 4 is a niche and popular media outlet and fair play to her , but to suddenly jump onto prime time from there is ridiculous regardless of her talent. She was washed up as far as major TV work goes , the odd appearance on late night BBC2 arts programs was about the height of it.
    Be the common mans equivalent of working in Tesco , you might be well regarded heading the butchery department but your not suddenly gonna be mainlined to the boardroom of Tesco in your declining years. If you did eyebrows would be raised and thats simply all im suggesting here.

Sue Perkins is someone i remember being on TV years ago and all of a sudden shes hosting prime time TV out of nowhere, maybe there is a lack of young talent who want to act or host shows , or maybe theres more to it.

Its a conspiracy forum so im not being deadly serious and highbrow , its a thing we chatted about the other night and i liked the idea of it and decided to throw it out there.

My idea being that with such a scandal and such power and money involved in the likes of the BBC only a fool would think that some people aren't leaning on others for favours and advancement.

what prime time work is toksvig doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

what prime time work is toksvig doing?

AFAIK she hosts 15/1 on CH4 unless it was a guest appearance

so not the BBC then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is this in anyway relevant OP Sandi Toksvig claims she was groped while broadcasting - article from 2012.

my3cents wrote: »
    Is this in anyway relevant OP Sandi Toksvig claims she was groped while broadcasting - article from 2012.

she wasnt working for the BBC then. why would the BBC owe her something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Yes she hosts 15 to 1, not part time but as you said that show is not on the BBC nor is it prime time so how does that fit into your theory?

Sue Perkins host the Great British Bake Off, does some other TV and radio. Hardly taking over the airwaves is she?

More research needed OP.

Advertisement