Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best beard trimmer out there?

• 16-04-2015 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I've been using a cheap enough Gillette trimmer for the last year or 2 and it gets the job done. Only problem is it only has 3 blade grades; 1,2 and 3. I want to keep mine a bit longer but tidy, maybe 15-20mm long. What trimmer would ye recommend that has plenty of blade lengths? Don't exactly want to break the bank either, something less than €60 preferably. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I've been using a cheap enough Gillette trimmer for the last year or 2 and it gets the job done. Only problem is it only has 3 blade grades; 1,2 and 3. I want to keep mine a bit longer but tidy, maybe 15-20mm long. What trimmer would ye recommend that has plenty of blade lengths? Don't exactly want to break the bank either, something less than €60 preferably. Cheers.

This is the latest model of the trimmer I, my brother and father all use. I think it's a great piece of kit. It doesn't quite let you trim up to 20cm but I'm not sure many will.

Philips beard trimmer

QT4070_41-IMS-en_US?wid=380&hei=335&$pnglarge$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I wouldn't touch Philips, been burnt too many times.

This is what you want OP: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-MB320C-REMINGTON-Barba/dp/B000OS72Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429210542&sr=8-1&keywords=beard+trimmer

Look at the review. Look at the price. I've had mine for years and it still holds a charge. I can't say that about any Philips product I've ever owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Cheers lads. Think I saw the first one on the Argos or Boots site. Maybe 20mm is a bit too much to expect alright but I'd want something with at least a grade 5 comb.

Saw a few Remington ones also and they looked good. Only thing that threw me off was the long charge time but I suppose with a bit of planning that could be worked around. Plenty of different length options too and definitely wouldn't break the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Look at the review.

"Remington MB320C
    By Mr P Walters on 17 Mar. 2015
    Verified Purchase
    My missus broke my last electric razor after she went at her bush like a proper sheep shearing champion.

This is it's replacement, so far so good. My face is trim and the missus has regrown her dedication to the australian outback"

SOLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Steer clear of beard specific trimmers. I've always found them to be very weak and the length settings too short.

I use a Philips QC5070 but they're not available any more. I've not had any issues and the length settings allow for anything from stubble to around a 1.5 inch long beard.

Just checked the Philips website and the new version is the QC5330.

http://www.philips.ie/c-p/QC5330_15/hairclipper-series-5000-hair-clipper/overview

Other manufacturers should have similar products.

TLDR - Buy a HAIR trimmer and not a FACE HAIR trimmer. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

I wouldn't touch Philips, been burnt too many times.

This is what you want OP: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remington-MB320C-REMINGTON-Barba/dp/B000OS72Y0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429210542&sr=8-1&keywords=beard+trimmer

Look at the review. Look at the price. I've had mine for years and it still holds a charge. I can't say that about any Philips product I've ever owned.

I've tried a few different trimmers Phillips, Braun etc and that Remington is by far the best beard trimmer I've used. Has good lengths too.

What dord said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Belox

personally i just use the Wahl 9854-600 Lithium Ion:

http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-9854-600-Lithium-Ion-Trimmer/dp/B001GQ3GEY

but like many have said I think the philips norelco, the braun, the remington and the panasonic milano are better.

personally If I could go back in time I would go for the panasonic milano:
    it comes with 19 different settings of length that varies between 1mm to 10 mm with a fine increase of .5mm; so good for sensitive skin like mine and it lasts for about an hour after a charge. source:http://best-beard-trimmer.org.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jefferytibbs

I've been through a few different ones. Got a Braun at the moment and it is OK when doing very short lengths but not so good when you want to trim longer :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I have a Wahl hair clippers that I was using, and then picked up a Wahl Groomsman after someone in work recommended it. Doing a fair job so far, although the attachments leave a lot to be desired.

Only recently grew the beginning of a beard, not sure where I want to go with it, but the Groomsman been fine for me so far. €15 in boots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement