Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcvp Portfolio items

Options
  • 16-04-2015 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Have you got them in or there a few students still dragging their feet? I Know official deadline has passed. Just curious to know what reality is on the ground?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

We never accept portfolio items after the deadline has passed. All girls school though so probably a bit easier to get them up from them. As we never accept them later they know this and just hand them up on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Have you got them in or there a few students still dragging their feet? I Know official deadline has passed. Just curious to know what reality is on the ground?

Not exactly answering your question but there is only one DEADLINE, there is no 'official deadline' followed by an 'unofficial deadline'. This drives me mad in our place where I follow the deadline to the letter and others don't.

If you lay down the law once that the deadline has passed and none will be accepted after this, then you will never have this problem again (apart from the few that probably wouldn't do it anyway).
    My kids know I won't go past deadlines so don't even try (they moan alight but they don't break it on me, the same kids do on the other teachers that don't follow the letter of the law).

Just speaking to my colleague that looks after it, they have them all in. They take them during class time for specific time allocated for "printing", a week before the deadline, it puts a push on them then, but they don't take anything after the deadline. They did say that it was an issue for the first year when they went to fully enforce for the first time but after that they have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

i am not teaching lcvp this year but overheard the lcvp teahers today saying that certain students had not handed them in. If the student does hand it in at a later stage they will get an earful but thats the end of it.
    They are not chased after the deadline.

Advertisement