Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Cert

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Im in the process of taking a lease on a 2000 sq foot shell and core building to develop a food hall and a small cafe.
    My understanding so far of a commercial rentable property is that the landlord needs to put in certain things like walls, which we'll finish, basic toilets which again we'll finish and floor. everything else is put in by us but what about the fire cert?

I am not sure who is to apply and pay for this or what should be in place for the tenant before a lease is signed. i am aware that any exit signs, extinguishers and ansul systems are my problem but has he got to provide me with a fire cert first?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

zamo27 wrote: »
    Im in the process of taking a lease on a 2000 sq foot shell and core building to develop a food hall and a small cafe.
    My understanding so far of a commercial rentable property is that the landlord needs to put in certain things like walls, which we'll finish, basic toilets which again we'll finish and floor. everything else is put in by us but what about the fire cert?

I am not sure who is to apply and pay for this or what should be in place for the tenant before a lease is signed. i am aware that any exit signs, extinguishers and ansul systems are my problem but has he got to provide me with a fire cert first?

The fire very should be applied for with your specific use in mind. The landlord can only apply for a general fire cert while it's in a shell and core state, the lease holder will then apply for a fire cert and a disability access certificate using plans and particulars prepared by the lease holders designated architect / Engineer or similar.

That's how it's done generally in Dublin City, and I see enough of them every day to make that assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,321 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Fist find out what the zoned/granted use of the unit actually is for. You may need a change of use planning before even getting to fire & dac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Depending on what purpose group the building originally got a fire cert for, if you're not subdividing it into separate tenancies, you mightn't need a new cert .

Advertisement