Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left handed semi shotgun

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

In the market for the above...

I can get a super black eagle 2 for about 1600 quid..

a400 in synthetic with kickoff for about 1800 quid..

i haven't shouldered either and I don't have much choice being a lefty (all my others firearms are rh but I have adapted well enough over the years but now have the gra for a semi)

Between those two or the hatsan which isn't my cup..

where would your money be?

'hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

hedzball wrote: »

i haven't shouldered either and I don't have much choice being a lefty (all my others firearms are rh but I have adapted well enough over the years but now have the gra for a semi)

'hdz

Only commenting on right hand versions. Providing they fit a man of your build :)

The benelli is a gorgeous gun and feels great in every way you would expect it to.

I haven't shot the a 400 but I have shot a few beretta with the kick off system and found it didn't feel right to me, especially if mounted and pulled into the shoulder. It feels odd when it compresses and you haven't fired.

Ended up with a browning maxus synthetic myself but if I could have got a SBE 2 it would have been hard to chose but in that case it's preference for for inertia or gas and of course how they fit.

Try and get to shoot a few of them if you can but being a lefty it might be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

'hdz
    Both excellent guns - you won't go wrong with either.....I would go with the one that feels and handles the best.

Benelli also do a game gun in left hand - Montefeltro.....I have one and can't fault it.

Remington do a left handed semi - auto.

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/secondhand-remington-semi-auto-shotgun-review

So do Fabarm

http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/fabarm-xlr5-12-bore-semi-auto-shotgun-review

may give you a wider choice to try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

I just purchased a benelli B e 2 great gun, fired one a few times, mine is right handed even though I shoot left handed for the past 40YRS as my left eye is the dominant one, all my fire arms were righthanded,I have had many semi-autos over the years righthanded and never an issue firing them lefthanded,easier also to off load a righhanded one than a left handed one,when trading selling, Benelli are excellent with the inertia recoil re-cocking system instead of the gas operated ones which need a lot more cleaning etc.
    Just my tuppence worth on it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Deerhunter does the whole shell past the eye thing ever bother you?

All my guns are RH too I think I'm just being overly cautous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

No never did, never had an issue with it,if you look at some of the you =tube adverts for browning/beretta in america and they are wildfowling you see some of them firing r/h semi auto from their left shoulders. try and get a few shots from one to put you at ease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I also never had an issue with any semi shotgun or rifle /pump shooting off the left shoulder. Best thing to do is have a go and see what you think. Hope all is well with yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

I've had some right handed shotguns and the shell crossing your line of sight never bothered or distracted me.....it really annoys others and puts them off.

What really borthered me. on two occasions, was when out duck shooting in very windy weather, I got some of the fired gun power in my eyes as the ejected case crossed my line of sight....a really, really irrating, sore , nasty experience.

Some friends of mine who shoot right handed could never understand why you would be bothered searching for a left handed model...when I bought it I left them mount it and they could then see why.

My attitude is if you are left handed and there are left handed models available why not buy one that will really suit you. A left handed person buying a right handed gun is like buying a left hand drive car for driving around Ireland....it wil do the job perfectly but why not get the one most suited to the task when you have the opportunity.

Right handed are definitely easier to shift second hand but buy a good make that really suits you and you'll never worry about shifting it.

Advertisement