Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What it is like to be a National School Teacher in Ireland

Options
  • 15-04-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to get various opinions and insights on what it's like being a National School teacher in Ireland today, as a job for the teacher and their views on the education system in general. Can anyone point me to a source where people may have written about it on a personal level? This is just for my own research to see if it's something I might consider as a career.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

Go to the discussion forum via the educationposts.ie website. You'll find plenty!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Primary teaching is a job you need to love. I'd suggest you get some experience observing in a primary classroom, what you think you know may be completely different to the reality.
    The other thing to consider is that there are no jobs in primary at present and you might be lucky to get 1 day subbing a week. Can you survive on this for a good while?
    On educationposts right now there is one permanent mainstream job for the ENTIRE country right now.

Advertisement