Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16/4

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to have a few winners at Limerick!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

That's nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

fancy Kool Kompany in the Craven, and had a tiny bet on him for the guineas too at 100/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

Katie T looks a good bet at Limerick in the 4.30, 6/4 ladbrokes best price.

She's the class act in the field, winning the BoylesSports Hurdle last January and off 62lb lower here now on the flat. Surely the one to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Katie T looks a good thing on paper really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

All over Stephanie Frances for the Skeltons in the first at Cheltenham, she knows how to win and hoping she remembers that tomorrow!
    The Happy Prince, Nafaqa, French Navy, Rocky Rider and Broxbourne are the rest of my selections. I'd like at least two of them to win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭YoungKhalifa

The form of Kaleefa's previous races has worked out pretty shocking so I'd have to go with with Awesome Star in the 5.05 at Limerick.

Dave147 wrote: »
    All over Stephanie Frances for the Skeltons in the first at Cheltenham, she knows how to win and hoping she remembers that tomorrow!
    The Happy Prince, Nafaqa, French Navy, Rocky Rider and Broxbourne are the rest of my selections. I'd like at least two of them to win!

If Stephanie Frances turns up in a good frame of mind tomorrow she'll piss in. If not, she could easily be tailed off. An extremely talented but volatile mare.

3.30 Newmarket

American Hope 16/1

Given American Hope's tendency to over-race, the drop back to sprinting might be an inspired move by trainer Mike Murphy and although he has a good bit to prove on ratings I think the guaranteed strong pace will see this 4 year old excel given his abundance of natural speed. After arriving from Ireland and joining Mike Murphy's yard, it seems incredible that American Hope has yet to score on British soil so far and he definitely deserves to win a race in the very near future. After narrowly going down in a Conditions race at Lingfield on his first start for the yard over 6f last February, he was beaten a head in a Listed contest over 7f at the same venue a month later before running two more decent races again at Lingfield when beaten under 3L in a Listed contest and the 3 year old AW Championship final and all 4 efforts were excellent especially at a tight track which wouldn't have suited. American Hope was then switched to a galloping track for his turf and handicap debut off a mark of 99 over 1 mile in the Britannia at Royal Ascot when he was incredibly unlucky to be drawn on the unfavoured far side as he comfortably won his group but finished 6th overall. It was a tremendous run that day and if he was drawn on the right side then he could easily have won. Off the same mark he was again incredibly unlucky over Ascot's 1 mile trip on his next start when he was mowed down in the final 2 strides having traded long odds in running. Sitting 2nd throughout and racing keenly for about 2 furlongs, American Hope found himself travelling better than anything at the 3f pole and with the leader wilting Shane Kelly had no choice but to kick him on for home at that point. Having looked to have the contest sewn up, he got very weary in the closing stages and was agonisingly collared late on by Mange All in a race that has worked out incredibly well. There is no doubt in my mind that American Hope, who was carrying top weight and conceding 13lb to the winner, was the best horse in the race and if he hadn't been in front for so long he would have definitely held on.

He ran no sort of race in his final start last year at Goodwood from a wide draw which you can ignore and he has already shown his well being this year with a fine effort over 7f at Kempton in a Conditions race 19 days ago on his reappearance as he went down by a head. In an evenly run contest which wouldn't have suited, American Hope (who was very reluctant to enter the stalls) was again very keen in the early stages of the contest and took a while to get going off a steady pace and just couldn't real back the winner Ninjago who was more suited to the way the race panned out. Nevertheless, that rival had good form in the book and was clearly rejuvenated by blinkers and it was a fine effort on his reappearance. Mike Murphy is a trainer I know that likes to take his horses along steadily throughout the season and although I feel he was fit to do himself justice (which he did) he will definitely have come on an awful lot for the run. It's definitely an experiment for American Hope to be dropped back to 6f as he is stepped into Group company for the first time but I think it could prove an inspired decision. In a race that looks sure to be run at a very strong pace, I think American Hope will definitely be able to settle better and get into a rhythm and I think he has enough natural pace to cope with the step back in trip. It is possible that a horse who stays a mile may not have the speed to live with the sprinting speeds but I think he will and it may be that his future lies at this game. Although he's taking on a lot of decent sprinters here today, I've no doubt that there is a lot more to come from American Hope this season and he'll definitely love the quick ground he'll encounter here today and at 16/1 I think he could surprise a few by landing this contest for his in form trainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Backed Lucky Kristale at 16/1 in that race tomorrow back sprinting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

11/8 on katie t now with ladbrokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

rossom wrote: »
    If Stephanie Frances turns up in a good frame of mind tomorrow she'll piss in. If not, she could easily be tailed off. An extremely talented but volatile mare.

One I like at the prices in that is Midnight Jazz, I don't think there is much between her and TwentyTwo's Taken and she has done nothing but improve. As you have mentioned Stephanie Francis is a somewhat risky proposition but is still the one to beat. I'll take a chance on Midnight Jazz at 8/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Johner wrote: »
    One I like at the prices in that is Midnight Jazz, I don't think there is much between her and TwentyTwo's Taken and she has done nothing but improve. As you have mentioned Stephanie Francis is a somewhat risky proposition but is still the one to beat. I'll take a chance on Midnight Jazz at 8/1.

Trappy little race i like quiet candid in same race doubled with mayfair music 3.15
    Also like According to Treve in the 3.50 Scudamore up is a plus feel the horse has huge potential but seems quite quirky.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Mississippi looks worth a bet in the 2nd at Ripon today at around 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

No write ups but three to have a pop at today at Newmarket
    Argus 2.20, Moheet 4.05 (20's for the Guineas) and Amazing speed 51.0

Stephanie Frances turned up wanting it today anyways! Not at all she did that as she has a load of talent. 9/4 a superb price.

Wouldn't surprise me if she turned up in the Galway Hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭mountcisco

fancy Kool Kompany in the Craven, and had a tiny bet on him for the guineas too at 100/1

Nice one groutch good call:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Nice one grouch had a small bet on exchange earlier wish i was on the drift instead great all the same reduces the dint ive made already today.:p

shmeee wrote: »
    Katie T looks a good bet at Limerick in the 4.30, 6/4 ladbrokes best price.

She's the class act in the field, winning the BoylesSports Hurdle last January and off 62lb lower here now on the flat. Surely the one to beat.

How easy was that! Could have won pulling 2 trains!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

French Navy 4.40 Newm
    Countmontecristo 5.20 Rip
    Plucky Dip 7.50 Cmf
    E/W treble for me

That was a very very impressive performance from French Navy.

• Advertisement

How did we not collect on Awesome Star there. Wow. Went up the arse on a horse!

Backed Girly Girl in the bumper here at 11/4. Ran well behind a highly thought of Henderson horse on debut. Skeltons are in cracking form.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Miall108

Very Very impressive performance from French Navy in the 4:40 at Newmarket.

AP McCoys last ride at Prestbury Park was unfortunately a disappointing one in the end. Looked to be motoring well for long spells before Milan Bound faded towards the end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Managed to get 3 winners in Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Sure you did.

Advertisement