Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader

Options
  • 15-04-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am considering going down the Sole Trader route and as I have never done anything like this before I thought I would ask a few questions before I consider it

I want to sell personalised candles and other personalised goods such as plates, mugs etc

(1)Can I work from a residential address
    (2)Will it affect my wages as I would only be making a small profit in my spare time
    (3)If I lost my job would I be entitles to social welfare
    (4)What insurance do I need
    (5)What is a health and safety cert
    (6)Do I have to register a Business name.

Sorry for asking so much but its my first time to really consider this option.

Thanking you in advance for you help .
    Sandra
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I think the best thing to do is try and see the local enterprise board as they should be able to advise on the items below.
    I am considering going down the Sole Trader route and as I have never done anything like this before I thought I would ask a few questions before I consider it

I want to sell personalised candles and other personalised goods such as plates, mugs etc

(1)Can I work from a residential address
    (2)Will it affect my wages as I would only be making a small profit in my spare time
    (3)If I lost my job would I be entitles to social welfare
    (4)What insurance do I need
    (5)What is a health and safety cert
    (6)Do I have to register a Business name.

Sandra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

(1)Can I work from a residential address YES as long as it is not a rental property, Such use is excluded in most leases

(2)Will it affect my wages as I would only be making a small profit in my spare time. NO but you will pay tax at your highest marginal rate on any profits made after expenses. Ypu will need to report such extra income by filling out a standard tax form each year..there is a section for such extra income. Ring Revenue if worried, they are most helpful.

(3)If I lost my job would I be entitles to social welfare. YES

(4)What insurance do I need. PRODUCT LIABILITY

(5)What is a health and safety cert. FORGET ABOUT IT>

(6)Do I have to register a Business name. ONLY if you wish to trade in a name other than your own.

Sandra

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garysharpe

<Snip>

Mod Edit
    Dont post this kind of thing on here thanks. Its a job that should be done by someone properly.

Advertisement