Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contract not renewed - eligible for welfare?

Options
  • 15-04-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi all
    I was told last week that my contract wont be renewed next month.I will have been working with the company a little under two years.I will continue to look for work but worst case scenario,will i be able to draw my stamps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭micosoft

tubs12 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I was told last week that my contract wont be renewed next month.I will have been working with the company a little under two years.I will continue to look for work but worst case scenario,will i be able to draw my stamps?

You haven't resigned - your contract has ended. Therefore you are entitled to Jobseekers Benefit if you have made enough contributions.
    See here.

So:

At least 104 weeks PRSI paid since you first started work
    And
    39 weeks PRSI paid or credited in the relevant tax year (a minimum of 13 weeks must be paid contributions*)
    Or
    26 weeks PRSI paid in the relevant tax year and 26 weeks PRSI paid in the tax year immediately before the relevant tax year.

Did you work prior to the two years?

You are entitled to the Jobseekers allowance as well but this is means tested. Everything you need is in the link above.

Advertisement