Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Crest

Options
  • 15-04-2015 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

We have the first pair of Gold Crests in our garden this spring! I had only seen one, once before (it could have been a Fire Crest) some 3 years ago a mile or so from home. Been watching them over past few days gathering material but this morning saw one going back with food so maybe ones on the nest?
    So happy to see them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

OBaoghil.7 wrote: »
    We have the first pair of Gold Crests in our garden this spring! I had only seen one, once before (it could have been a Fire Crest) some 3 years ago a mile or so from home. Been watching them over past few days gathering material but this morning saw one going back with food so maybe ones on the nest?
    So happy to see them!

Congratulations, they're gorgeous little birds.

(BTW, Firecrests are only native to England and the Continent, so it must have been a Goldcrest.)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OBaoghil.7

"(BTW, Firecrests are only native to England and the Continent, so it must have been a Goldcrest.)"

And i have learned something new as well! Many thanks, I did not know that.

Advertisement