Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any forex traders from Tipperary ??

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    just wondering any forex traders or spread betting traders out there in Tipperary, Kilkenny, or limerick area , ???
    Myself I'm a part time trader from Tipperary , just curious if there is many like me who follow the markets

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Based in Limerick myself and a relative rookie, only trading a month or so in real money but enjoying it so far. Have had about 20 trades, mix of EUR/USD, DAX, DOW and USD/JPY. Enjoying it so far, even if I'm probably around break even, which I suppose isn't too bad for a complete beginner!

Are you strictly forex, or dabble in others?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dustyie

dabble in shares for about 15 years now , mainly uk and us markets also options in us, . (uk have been my been good to me last couple of years)
    forex trading only a fews months , down about 100 euros, at the moment
    do you know of many trading the forex ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

dustyie wrote: »
    dabble in shares for about 15 years now , mainly uk and us markets also options in us, . (uk have been my been good to me last couple of years)
    forex trading only a fews months , down about 100 euros, at the moment
    do you know of many trading the forex ?

Hi yes Im from Tipp but away at the moment.

I've been trading and studying forex for about a month. In my first week I turned 100 usd into 425 usd. I couldn't believe it! I'm on miminum wage so small winnings like that to me are like gold!

I trade exclusively eur/usd until I become familiar with markets and then I will branch out. Currency trading was something that always interested me.

I had a big loss last friday, 500 usd, but that was down to my own greed and trying to replicate what I did the first week. If you're patient in this game you can make big money.

I made 25 usd last night in one trade, that to me is remarkable and I did it all at work. I'm on etoro so you can follow me there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

William F wrote: »
    Hi yes Im from Tipp but away at the moment.

I've been trading and studying forex for about a month. In my first week I turned 100 usd into 425 usd. I couldn't believe it! I'm on miminum wage so small winnings like that to me are like gold!

I trade exclusively eur/usd until I become familiar with markets and then I will branch out. Currency trading was something that always interested me.

I had a big loss last friday, 500 usd, but that was down to my own greed and trying to replicate what I did the first week. If you're patient in this game you can make big money.

I made 25 usd last night in one trade, that to me is remarkable and I did it all at work. I'm on etoro so you can follow me there!

6 months and you will be broke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭lillian770

I would probably give it 3 months or less :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭aidanki

im in Limerick and looking to get into the trading game, have a few bob to invest

anyone know of any meetups or anything for people who are interested in trading around limerick

mickman wrote: »
    6 months and you will be broke
    lillian770 wrote: »
    I would probably give it 3 months or less :)

I don't think so. I'm part of that 5% everyone talks about. I'm a winner by nature so it's only natural I would start on a winning streak.

Seriously though, how can you measure someone's willingness to take risks?

Where do you derive your expertise from?

Your attitudes are quite poor, unsurprisingly though, as boards does sum up the general pessimism of the Irish people.

I don't think so. I'm part of that 5% everyone talks about. I'm a winner by nature so it's only natural I would start on a winning streak.

Seriously though, how can you measure someone's willingness to take risks?

Where do you derive your expertise from?

Your attitudes are quite poor, unsurprisingly though, as boards does sum up the general pessimism of the Irish people.

A winner by nature but you earn minimum wage ?

A winner by nature but you earn minimum wage ?

Ya, do you have a problem that?

Ya, do you have a problem that?

Winners don't earn minimum wage buddy

My problem is you telling people how to make money on forex when you had one lucky month . I GUARENTEE you won't be doing this in 12 months time

• Advertisement

My problem is you telling people how to make money on forex when you had one lucky month . I GUARENTEE you won't be doing this in 12 months time

How much do you earn?

How much do you earn?

Doesn't matter what I earn

And I'm not having a go at you , really I'm not. But you are too cocky and will lose every bit you have and then some

You are ready cashing in winners and letting losers ride - the opposite of what successfully traders do

You say you made around 400 usd in the first week and then lost 500 in one day !

I'm just warning you to stop thinking that you have it cracked

Doesn't matter what I earn

And I'm not having a go at you , really I'm not.

Really sounds like you are.

winners don't make minimum wage. Get a life would u.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

This has to be the most ignorant reply i have read in a long time on boards, if you think being a winner in life, equates to how much money you make, then you dont have a clue what life is about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Where is he telling people how to do it?:confused: He seems to be talking about what hes doing and not telling anyone how to:confused:

This has to be the most ignorant reply i have read in a long time on boards, if you think being a winner in life, equates to how much money you make, then you dont have a clue what life is about.

this is an investment forum so yes of course making money is important. This is not a philosophy forum

The poster assumed that because he was 'a natural winner' then that meant he was going to win in the investment world so as this is an investment forum and he assumes he knows all about trading currencies then losing 500 usd in one day while on the minimum wage is not what 'a winner ' does

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

this is an investment forum so yes of course making money is important. This is not a philosophy forum

Of course i love to make money myself and love investing when funds allow, it was the tone of the post i was objecting too and i think anybody looking at the post can see where the poster was coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

In an investments & markets forum, Winning is definitely about making money! I can't see how saying that out loud should hurt somebody's feelings! It's not ignorant, it's common sense, People are far too sensitive....

colman1212 wrote: »
    In an investments & markets forum, Winning is definitely about making money! I can't see how saying that out loud should hurt somebody's feelings! It's not ignorant, it's common sense, People are far too sensitive....

Ann what is someones hourly rate got to do with their investment ability?:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUIOxQr3bo

• Advertisement

Tugboats wrote: »
    Ann what is someones hourly rate got to do with their investment ability?:confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlUIOxQr3bo

What does being a "winner in life" as the OP reckons he is have to do with investment ability ?

What does being a "winner in life" as the OP reckons he is have to do with investment ability ?

Ignoring questions and answering questions with questions:o
    Where is he telling people how to do it?:confused: He seems to be talking about what hes doing and not telling anyone how to:confused:

Ignoring questions and answering questions with questions:o

Quote from his post

"If you're patient in this game you can make big money."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Quote from his post

"If you're patient in this game you can make big money."

Personally I would agree with that statement!

Seriously though, traders have to start some where. From what I read, all the big traders get wiped out a couple of times before they start making consistent profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭For ever odd

Seriously though, traders have to start some where. From what I read, ]all the big traders get wiped out a couple of times before they start making consistent profits.

Most newbies are trading against "all the big traders", because they don't know what they are doing. The hard trick to learn, is to trade with them.

Good luck, you are going to need it!

Advertisement