Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

B8 A4 S line 140 or 170

Options
  • 14-04-2015 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Thinking hard of going for a 09/10 s line audi a4. I know its not as economical as the E90 beemer but I prefer the look of the a4.

Any big difference in performance from the 140BHP versus the 170 BHP?
    Are MPG figures for both much the same.
    Been reading a lot of audi forums but seemed to be mixed opinions.

100k seems to be good for low milleage in these cars unless you pay the premium for the lower mile ones.

Anyone see any issue with buying around the 100K mark in terms of servicing and selling it on later?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I owned a BMW 3 Series diesel for 3 years and I owned a Passat CC with the same engines as the A4. The Passat CC was just as economical as the 3 Series and it felt lively too so I cannot image an A4 being much different. My Passat CC was the 140bhp version and I got it remapped to 170bhp which made a noticeable difference. They are a smooth and refined engine though but I would not pay much of a premium for a 170bhp over a 140bhp.

Timing belt interval on the VAG 2.0 TDi CR engine is 100k miles or 5 years. One thing to watch out for is the flywheel, they are know to start failing once the mileage starts approaching 100k miles so watch out for signs of vibration through the clutch at idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Cheers for the response.

Where did you see the difference? With MPG or performance or both?

I wasnt looking exclusively for a 170 BHP version because I could remap the 140 if I really wanted to anyway.

After a bmw and a CC, what are you driving now?

The CC felt nipper than the 3 Series and I had both remapped, the remap increased torque in the lower gears. MPG was similar in both.

I've a BMW 5 Series now but it's not remapped as it's still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

How do you find the F10 on fuel compared to the CC Bazz?

Sorry for the thread hijack OP!

The CC was a bit better on fuel George, was getting close to 50 mpg from it. The F10 is giving about 45 mpg but you need to work the engine harder because of the extra weight. VAG's 2.0 CR TDi imo is a overall better engine than BMW's N47.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Is your's auto?

Yep, the 8 speed titronic box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

bazz26 wrote: »
    Timing belt interval on the VAG 2.0 TDi CR engine is 100k miles or 5 years. QUOTE]

Are you sure about the interval? I thought it was 180k kms (112k miles).

When I had the CC with the same engine I was told it was 100k miles/160k km or 5 years. I know Audi might have a slightly different interval which is a bit strange considering they are the same engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭9935452

Moanin wrote: »
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Timing belt interval on the VAG 2.0 TDi CR engine is 100k miles or 5 years. QUOTE]

Are you sure about the interval? I thought it was 180k kms (112k miles).

AFAIK the rate is variable , it can be anything from 75k miles to 115kmiles depending on how the miles are put up, continuous motorway miles or short trips

• Advertisement
Advertisement