Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st trip of the year.

Options
  • 14-04-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Just back yesterday from my first trip of the year. All the way across the border from Mayo to Clifden in Connerara for the w/end Trad music festival. Fantastic music as always but really atrocious weather. Had to spend most of the time in bars:D

Didn't seem to be too many campers on the road which surprised me as the weather over and back wasn't too bad. Good to be out and about again but might wait for better conditions before next trip.

As with fishing, I'm a fair weather man!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Hi, Just wondering what Clifden is like for parking, did you wildcamp ????Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

sjfoley wrote: »

Clifden is fine for parking. My idea of "wild camping" is using carparks as near to town centre as possible:).
    If you go into Clifden on the N59 about a 100 yards before you get into the town centre there is the Station Hotel on the left, turn left straight after it and there's a carpark without barriers that's never a problem for parking. My camper is small but there were two full size ones in there for some of the weekend and also one was parked on the main town centre road without any problems.

The carpark is well lit with easy access to town centre.

It's a very friendly town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

sjfoley wrote: »

There is a nice site in Clifden about 20 minute walk from town. Its fairly basic but usually quiet with some nice pitches. Its out towards Letterfrack off the N59. I have stayed there a couple of times.

I would agree with Irishgoatman in that its a lovely town which probably dosent get the recognition it deserves as a tourist destination.

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    There is a nice site in Clifden about 20 minute walk from town. Its fairly basic but usually quiet with some nice pitches. Its out towards Letterfrack off the N59. I have stayed there a couple of times.

I would agree with Irishgoatman in that its a lovely town which probably dosent get the recognition it deserves as a tourist destination.

Carpark is 2 mins walk from town centre:D.

I got tired of houses and cities myself. Back in 2 weeks.

SGap_zpscattohbn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭sjfoley

Clifden is fine for parking. My idea of "wild camping" is using carparks as near to town centre as possible:).
    If you go into Clifden on the N59 about a 100 yards before you get into the town centre there is the Station Hotel on the left, turn left straight after it and there's a carpark without barriers that's never a problem for parking. My camper is small but there were two full size ones in there for some of the weekend and also one was parked on the main town centre road without any problems.

The carpark is well lit with easy access to town centre.

It's a very friendly town.
    Than for that, I'v put it on my list for this summer.

SGap_zpscattohbn.jpg

When you live in the middle of no-where as I do it's nice to see towns/villages other than the one I go to for shopping and pension each week:).

(The picture above is a little like looking out of my front windows.)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Jaysus I hope you have good leveling ramps :D

SGap_zpscattohbn.jpg

I'm jealous.

Malta1 wrote: »
    Jaysus I hope you have good leveling ramps :D

12V air compressor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I hope you are not looking out your window at Liams van!!

• Advertisement

*Kol* wrote: »
    I hope you are not looking out your window at Liams van!!

Life can get bad at times, but never that bad:eek:.

:P

My neighbour is a horse today.

:P

My neighbour is a horse today.

Now you've got me wondering what he was yesterday, before he became a horse!.

I think I'd better go and lie down:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Life can get bad at times, but never that bad:eek:.

Ah be nice to Bumblebee! It's cool!

374522.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

374522.JPG

Nice :)

374649.JPG

374651.JPG

406200.JPG

406201.JPG

Advertisement