Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian restaurants?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend a very good Indian restaurant in Galway City. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Tulsi on middle street is lovely IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Eastern Tandoori is nice too on Spanish Arch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Kumar's at the Spanish Arch is OMMM NOMMMM!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have eaten at them all and there isn't really a bad one.
    That said I think Kashmir or Kumars are the nicest and the ones that suit me most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

kashmir or Tulsi are top 2 in galway IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Kumars is by far the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Kashmir is lovely but I find it a little pricier.
    Kumars location and staff are lovely but I find the food (veggie) very plain and all the same.
    Tulsi and Eastern Tandoori are both nice.

I know it's a different city, but I am always amazed at the superior value for money in Indian places in The Pale.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

They're all (Eastern Tandoori, Kumars, Kashmir, Tulsi) much of a muchness (good), I've had lovely meals and not so lovely meals in each and every one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Has anyone tried the Indain in Oranmore or the new place in Newcastle? Just back in Galway after 2 years so just wondering if any good spice houses have popped up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

awhir wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Indain in Oranmore or the new place in Newcastle? Just back in Galway after 2 years so just wondering if any good spice houses have popped up!

I'm not aware of any Indian in Newcastle? You talking about Jalan Jalan? Great quality 'Asian street food' vibe, but not Indian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Indian in Oranmore is by far the best Indian I've ever eaten in. Would highly recommend. Staff are lovely too and usually give you a free beer/glass of wine

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Curry & spice in Laurel park, only do take away as far as I know. Got it last week for a try, absolutely delicious and good value. My go to Indian take away for now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

anna080 wrote: »
    The Indian in Oranmore is by far the best Indian I've ever eaten in. Would highly recommend. Staff are lovely too and usually give you a free beer/glass of wine

Which one? There's two as far as I remember. If you're talking about the one beside Supermacs I agree. I've often driven down from Dublin to go to it again. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Which one? There's two as far as I remember. If you're talking about the one beside Supermacs I agree. I've often driven down from Dublin to go to it again. Love it.

Ya the one beside Supermacs, Santoor. Is there another one? I didn't even know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Great I'll try Santoor so.
    Yeah it's called Oran Tandoori, has anyone tried it? It's number two on TripAdvisor for Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Great I'll try Santoor so.
    Yeah it's called Oran Tandoori, has anyone tried it? It's number two on TripAdvisor for Galway

It's horrible!! Go to Santoor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'd recommend Santoor too. Great food and the staff are always so nice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Tulsi the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭eyresquare

The Eastern Tandoori do a very good value lunch on a Sunday between 1pm and 3.30pm. It is a 3 course meal for 11.95 (4 course if you count tea/coffee) .I hadn't tried it in 2 years and was surprised yesterday that the price was still the same and the food still consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Also Eastern Tandoori has Afghan naans with onions and stuff, lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

biko wrote: »
    Also Eastern Tandoori has Afghan naans with onions and stuff, lovely.

Delicious. Its like getting an extra pizza with your dinner.

Advertisement