Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Newport, Co. Tipperary a good place for a family?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hopefully I'm in the right place! Could please help me!!! Myself and husband are looking into buying property in Newport Co. Tipp. How is this area? I know there is some social housing there. Reason I'm asking is husband works nights and I'm worried about kids. I just don't want to worry all the time.Buying a house is exciting but can become a nightmare....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I know the village very well, there is social housing every where in Ireland so I think that a bit of an odd thing to complain about to be honest.

Its very commutable to Limerick.
    Its got a secondary school.
    Its got a great sporting facilities for children GAA/Rugby ect.
    Its got great community spirit, you could do a lot worse that moving to Newport.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tishia05

Thank you very much for that! I really appreciate your help :) WE are looking in few other areas and you are right! Social housing is everywhere I'm just worried because I would be on my own at night and I've been attacked twice already...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

im orginally from newport i love it there,great schools and jjust a stone throw from the city if you need help with anything feel free to pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

tishia05 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for that! I really appreciate your help :) WE are looking in few other areas and you are right! Social housing is everywhere I'm just worried because I would be on my own at night and I've been attacked twice already...

Did you enquiry into their living arrangements?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tishia05

Did you enquiry into their living arrangements?

Would you believe that we actually know a couple that is selling the house... It's stunning but unfortunately we got a confirmation (of what we expected) that our child is autistic and it will involve a lot of extra treatments/therapies and we will probably stick to the city now as it will take few years to get him ''happy''.

On that note i would like to thank for all the help offered. Means a world to me!!!
    You a very kind bunch of people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jesonnn

Hello
    I would bump up the topic, anything changes so far in Newport, is it still good place for family? thanks

Advertisement