Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Existing Grievances... what happens when your section is sold.

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm in a situation where I have lodged an official grievance with the company I work for a few weeks ago, but now our section is been sold off from the main company, what happens to my grievance when this happens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Afaik outstanding issues such as grievances commenced are transferred under TUPE, of course it depends on the grievance, whether it is against a colleague who will no longer be an employee of the new company, in which case it is naturally resolved.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

I would think that the existing company should make a reasonable attempt to sort it out before the transfer.
    I would imagine the new owner not been to happy to find that there could be employee grievances they are inheriting.
    W
    How long before this happens?

Advertisement