Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi 1s on Cyanogenmod 12 with Lollipop...

Options
  • 14-04-2015 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭

HI all,

Flashed my Redmi 1s to Cyanogenmod 12 last night as CM12 upgrades the phone to Android 5.0 Lollipop but despite me then flashing the proper GAPPS zip to it to install the Google Apps package things don't seem to work.

I have constant messages coming up saying "Unfortunately, Youtube has stopped working" (replace Youtube with another Google app...there's a message ever 5 seconds!).

It would not recognise my SIM either so I could not get on to my network to receive text messages or calls, although WIFI did work.

Not sure what the cause is but looks like I'll head back to Cyanogenmod 11 with KitKat for now. If anyone has a clue you might throw it up here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Was this official CM12 or a custom version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

It was a custom version, there's no official CM for the Redmi 1s. The CM11 versions were all very good, maybe it's just me!

Just to put am end to this thread. I flashed a newer version of CM12 after this and the GAPPS issue was sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Fabio wrote: »
    Just to put am end to this thread. I flashed a newer version of CM12 after this and the GAPPS issue was sorted.

Have you a link to the newer version by any chance ?

Here you go, the link for CM12 and for GAPPS are here on the first topic, they're always kept up to date: http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-1s/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-t3062216

I'm sure that is where I found my version. After this go into "settings">"about phone" and then check for updates, there might be a few that have come out since but which aren't massive. It definitely makes the phone run smoother, it's a lovely ROM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement