Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RFA3 - Wait time to appear on the register?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Interested in this also - Filled and returned a form in February, I am still not showing on register.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,010 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Email or ring the county council to check they received your form

Checktheregister.ie only shows the 2015/2016 register at the moment

You wont be able to see if you are on the supplement to the register until after May 5th

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I spoke to then recently and it says they take abot a week to update the system. As said above give them a call in case your paperwork was lost in the post etc

Is it too late to send this form in? I moved recently and would like to switch over to my new address.

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Is it too late to send this form in? I moved recently and would like to switch over to my new address.

No. 5th May is the deadline.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Hi all, I emailed the franchise department and confirmed I am on the supplementary register after sending in my paperwork in February.Email for anyone who wishes to check is franchise@dublincity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did you get confirmation from the your local Coco? I dropped my form in, in person, and got confirmation the register was updated with my details a week later.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Did you get confirmation from the your local Coco? I dropped my form in, in person, and got confirmation the register was updated with my details a week later.

Apologies, that email address is Dublin City Council, I should have made a note - would be my local council, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

When you are filling in the RFA3 form (here) in section 8 do you put the name of the county council of you are registered with currently or do you put the one you want to move to now?

And then do you send it to your old county council or your new one?

Thanks

Blarney92 wrote: »
    When you are filling in the RFA3 form (here) in section 8 do you put the name of the county council of you are registered with currently or do you put the one you want to move to now?

And then do you send it to your old county council or your new one?

Thanks

It goes to the old county council, they remove you from the register and forward your details to the new council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It goes to the old county council, they remove you from the register and forward your details to the new council.

Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works here, but I phoned my old council with this same query and they said to send it to the new council first, they will add you and then send your details on to the old council for deletion - it's quicker that way. In any case, if you want to vote in the referendum on the 22nd, you need to get your form in by the 5th. I got a notification in about 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

On Wednesday, I got my RFA3 form stamped by the Garda, then walked over to the county hall (where I now live) and dropped it in there. I thought it would be quicker than posting it.

I've sent in signed stamped RFA3 forms 3 times over past year to DCC and they still haven't updated my address. Every time I call they perfectly polite but say the are are busy/call back later/say give it a week. Wouldn't mind so much if it had been a last minute thing but this is going on for a year now…

At this stage I want to take this further as I feel like I am basically being denied a vote - there's being a bit busy and there's being incapably of basic admin… Any ideas or suggestions or is it useless without having registered the various letters?

Cali Girl ring your local cllr

Terry Pratchet

Quick update - no joy from 'new' councillor or council (both said I wasn't yet in their 'domain' and needed to sort it out with old council first).

Finally got in touch with a genuinely helpful Dublin city council employee who gave me their name/more specific office address and said they will look after form personally. This will be form number 4 and too late for this referendum though… As I'm still on the old register, if I want to vote I will have to travel to old constituency with ID as I remain registered there.

On the bright side, I definitely value my voting rights more now… nothing like feeling they've been taken away to make you appreciate it!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Question - I sent in my RF3 (or RF2, whichever the correct one is) form a few months ago to change address and constituency, and I have appeared on DCC area on checktheregister which is fine. I'm also still showing as registered in my old constituency on there. Should that not have been removed?

Also, I haven't received my polling card yet. Should they not have been sent out at this point?

Don't worry you can vote without a polling card once you have ID

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

mapaca wrote: »
    Don't mean to throw a spanner in the works here, but I phoned my old council with this same query and they said to send it to the new council first, they will add you and then send your details on to the old council for deletion - it's quicker that way. In any case, if you want to vote in the referendum on the 22nd, you need to get your form in by the 5th. I got a notification in about 10 days.

I sent my RFA3 to the old council (as advised by the Garda who signed my form) and my family members in the old area each got a card but not me so I assume I got removed from the old council. I'll have to ring the new one tomorrow and hope I can find out if I am on the supplemental register or not.

I don't blame the Garda, I should have rang the council to check first but the RFA3 instructions should make it more clear where you need to send the form if changing councils:
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/appforms/RFA3%20English%20-%20form.pdf

Advertisement