Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can anyone recommend a good tablet?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

potentially used abroad . Want something reliable and which works well. Cheaper is obviously better but not at the expense of durability and reliability. Is it worth going Apple? never had a tablet or I-Pad :)

Advice appreciated

Thanks

:_

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭liv1892

Panadol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

how many times have you tried that one Liv? :) you'll have try something more original

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

Your question is too broad. Maybe try to prioritise the top 3 things you'd like to do with the tablet?

For example, just browse the web and read the newspapers? Put movies on it to keep the kids occupied on long journeys? Read books? Play simple games? Play complex games? Sat-Nav? Music player?

Me? I've a second-hand 1st gen 32Gb Nexus 7 that I bought for about €100. I use it to read the newspapers and browse the internet in the mornings and also for looking up recipes when 'attempting' to cook on my days off. I don't listen to music or watch movies on it.

If I was going again, I'd think about a new or second-hand Linx 8inch tablet with Windows on it. They come with a SD card slot so you load up with music and movies if needed. And a hdmi slot for linking the tablet to the TV.

In theory, and I stress in theory, you can connect a mouse, keyboard and monitor to it and it can double-up as a low-powered computer. So you can have a tablet for my limited use and a cheap computer if I wanted to type a letter etc.

With Windows & tablets, you may not be able to get the apps you want so that's something to watch out for.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/tablets/1000352/linx-8-review-the-sub-100-windows-tablet (Review, Feb 2015)

Advertisement