Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beach holiday location in Northern Italy

Options
  • 13-04-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    I booked flights into Milan with Ryanair and originally planned to travel to lake Garda and spend 2 weeks on a relaxing holiday with fiancé and 5 yr old girl.

We are now looking into maybe travelling to a nice seaside town on the coast instead of lake Garda. Can anyone recommend a nice seaside town and hotel within a few hours drive of Milan?

Thanks,
    Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Possibly Choggia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

A number of years back we spent two weeks in Bibione, about 3hr drive from Bergamo, I assume that's where you are flying into, the beach is fantastic & the sea warm

It's not the most pretty of Italian towns in the traditional sense, we went to Venice for a weekend in the middle of it, an hour away by train or you can take a boat

Not a hotel but stayed here http://www.etgroup.info/eng/resort-list/villaggio-planetarium-resort_s20/, you could hire bikes, town is bike friendly, fun fair during the summer months

when we stayed there, included in the price was a sun lounger, chair & umbrella on the beach assigned to you for the length of your stay, same spot same day, free shuttle to the beach, nice pool complex with evening entertainment if you want it, not many Irish / English mainly German, Dutch & Italian, worked for us, we enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Alassio in NE Italy. I'm heading to the cinque terre this year myself - this side of Italy is stunning. Think it's a 2hr 15 min drive from Milan.

http://www.bagnipierinella.it/

Lovely little town with cobbled streets and nice food.

Advertisement