Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dingle AR 2015 - shoe advice

Options
  • 13-04-2015 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've done a few ARs, but not Dingle before. I see there's a hill run/trek followed by a road run. My question is whether it would be better to use road runners for it and risk losing footing on the cross country bit, or use trail runners and not feel as good on the road?

TIA

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Redial

It'll depend on the weather I'd say Eoin. I did the long course in 2012. Weather was superb so would have possibly got away with road shoes. The Brandon climb after T1 is rocky underfoot and steep near the end for about 5 mins. The descent isn't particularly steep or tough to navigate but could be slick if wet. I'd always err on the side of the trail shoes for multisport races. The weight difference for someone like me is irrelevant once you get on to the road.

Advertisement