Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a stove in a Rented House

Options
  • 13-04-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was thinking of buying a second hand stove(non-boiler) and installing it in the house I'm renting. I was wondering what problems I would have doing this. Your opinions would be helpful.

1. Can I install it without removing the Fire back?
    2. It's a semi-d, would a flue liner be necessary?
    3. Any other issues the I may have

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you discussed this with your landlord? I wouldn't go making any structural/significant changes without speaking to the landlord first?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

dudara wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with your landlord? I wouldn't go making any structural/significant changes without speaking to the landlord first?

That's a good point was hoping I could just install it without making any structural or significant change, but maybe I'm a bit ignorant as to what needs to be done to install a stove

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kenny_david

Does anybody think I could do this or would there be too much work involved

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

As already said, you can't be doing things like this in somebody else's house. Run it by the owner. Maybe you can get him to have it done, or come to some arrangement. It is unlikely that he will allow it to be installed by an unqualified person. Liabilities and all that.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

You could get an insert. And just take it with you when you're moving on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement