Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing code for Apps on Google Play

Options
  • 13-04-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭

I have an app up on the Play Store. However, i have recently changed laptop and didn't take it with me. Is there a way to retrieve my code?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Hmm this is why backups are a good idea, and to use a source code repository such as github or bitbucket.

Download it and pull the apk off your device, or use something like https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=apk%20downloader

As a last resort, your going to have to decompile the code (dex2jar followed by jd-gui for example) and re-construct a new project. (added difficulty if the code is obfuscated, this I believe with Android studio now is the default behavior using ProGuard).

However you need to use the same package name, otherwise you are uploading a new/separate project. But you will have to do this anyway if you don't have a copy of your original signing key.

Advertisement