Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mk808b plus android box blue light but no video

Options
  • 13-04-2015 7:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi

Got one of these from gearbest few weeks ago

I just noticed that the blue light turns on but I get no video signal.

Tried in 3 TVs, different HDMI cables and USB cables but still no video

Did anyone else's unit develop similar issues? I tried to reset it with a pin but that did nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

anyone can help with this?

I'm not sure if it's worth bringing it to a repair shop cos I'm sure they ll charge me more than the cost of the item

And I'm not sure about buying the same box in case it happens again

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I've got a good few of these from the same company and luckily no problems so far. Might sound like a stupid question but are you using the original power supply that came with it? It's just that some people had similar problems to yours and it turned out they were using a different power supply/mobile charger. If you are using the original one perhaps try with another one as you might just have gotten a faulty power supply.

i was using the original power supply yes but that stopped working so i was powering it up using the usb from the tv and it worked fine for a while.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

j4vier wrote: »
    i was using the original power supply yes but that stopped working so i was powering it up using the usb from the tv and it worked fine for a while.

Powering it from the TV is a bit hit and miss and not recommended for this particular device. Sounds like you just need a new proper power supply, I doubt your stick is knackered.

i got a replacement unit from gearbest in the end for a discounted price

at least i could confirm that the fault is indeed with the stick since I tried using the new power supply with the old stick and again i got blue light but no video signal

I will be definitely using it's standalone power supply with the new stick just in case

• Advertisement
Advertisement