Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Air Traffic Strike - is inbound part of flight still valid?

Options
  • 12-04-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi ,

I don't know if this is correct, but i had booked flights from 16th to 20th April to Paris and i found out that another strike is planned for 16th to 19th.
    It's really important that i don't miss this holiday so i booked a one way flight on the 15th. But i'm worried now that if the strike goes ahead and if Aer Lngus cancel flights on 16th , will this affect the return flight on 20th of my original booking??

i'll be gutted if that is the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'd say you need to contact Aer Lingus pronto. Unless I'm mistaken return flights on bookings where there is a no show for the outward leg are cancelled.
    It may be different where the first flight is cancelled due to circumstances such as strikes and weather so it's better to check with the airline.

Just a thought but could you have just changed the 16th flight to the 15th or was the change of booking fee prohibitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Sorry to hijack this thread - but I have booked a flight from Cork to Faro on the 30th of April - another date that they are supposed to be striking on.
    Will the Cork to Faro flight to Portugal be affected, does anyone know? Or will Aer Lingus adjust the flight to avoid French air space?
    I know that Aer Lingus were "less" affected than Ryanair but i still have my concerns.
    Thanks in advance for any replies / help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

cadaliac wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this thread - but I have booked a flight from Cork to Faro on the 30th of April - another date that they are supposed to be striking on.
    Will the Cork to Faro flight to Portugal be affected, does anyone know? Or will Aer Lingus adjust the flight to avoid French air space?
    I know that Aer Lingus were "less" affected than Ryanair but i still have my concerns.
    Thanks in advance for any replies / help.

Typically that flight does not use French airspace at all so the chances are it will run, but as with everything you can never be 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I thought they'd called off the strikes? Was fairly sure that Ryanair mentioned that on their twitter feed yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭BrokenMan

This weeks have been called off. Still going ahead at the end of the month at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The only cancelled flight from Cork due to the strikes was infact Faro, so I wouldn't be so confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The only cancelled flight from Cork due to the strikes was infact Faro, so I wouldn't be so confident.
    Thanks - I saw that alright, I wonder was that Aer lingus or do Ryaniar also fly to Faro?
    As you said, I'm not confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It was a Ryanair flight.

Strike cancelled BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

bada_bing wrote: »
    Hi ,

I don't know if this is correct, but i had booked flights from 16th to 20th April to Paris and i found out that another strike is planned for 16th to 19th.
    It's really important that i don't miss this holiday so i booked a one way flight on the 15th. But i'm worried now that if the strike goes ahead and if Aer Lngus cancel flights on 16th , will this affect the return flight on 20th of my original booking??

i'll be gutted if that is the case.

Sorry i forgot about this thread but i can now give an answer to my own question as i chatted to Aer Lingus customer service. They advised me that in the event of an outbound flight being cancelled you can still use the inbound flight, even if you missed the outbound flight for some reason. They don't cancel the return part of the flight for their customers but it's different with other airlines such as Air France and Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement