Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei G7 hotmail setup

Options
  • 12-04-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Hi trying to get my emails up and running on my new phone. followed initial setup, showed my details but wont download any emails from the server. Deleted the account and started again and set it up manually using the info from meteors smartphone help page http://support.meteor.ie/smartphonehelp#/huawei/ascend-g7/email/choice_usecase/set-up-email-on-phone/hotmail/11

Can only get as far as verifying the incoming server settings and get an error saying it setup failed. reasons may be user name or password is incorrect, or the POP3/SMTP service is disable, Enable the service and try again.

Any help on how to do that or what I am doing wrong. Driving me a bit batty trying to get it going.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

I dont use it myself but doesnt Outlook let you log straight into hotmail without messing with pop3/smpt settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

projectgtr wrote: »
    I dont use it myself but doesnt Outlook let you log straight into hotmail without messing with pop3/smpt settings?

Both the Outlook and Gmail apps will let you set up Hotmail email access without the need for server settings.

Sounds as if the OP is trying to set it up via the stock email app

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

sorry just got it all sorted, mods you can lock this. thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Hi just wondering how you getting on with the phone. I am thinking of getting one any problems with it?

mr170 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how you getting on with the phone. I am thinking of getting one any problems with it?

Hi I am getting on great with it. Was worried coming from a htc one to this phone but I am loving it. The battery life is great and the phone is very responsive.

• Advertisement

Cheers thanks think i will get one tomorrow

Using this phone a week now and loving it. For the price its a real bargain.

Same as, couldnt fault it for the price I have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hangar18_

Hi I'm also thinking about getting one have a moto g 4.5 inch so size wise how is it day to day. And how much did it cost and from were did you buy it. Thinking might get it from three

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Hi I'm also thinking about getting one have a moto g 4.5 inch so size wise how is it day to day. And how much did it cost and from were did you buy it. Thinking might get it from three

I got my phone simfree from carphone warehouse for €275. They have an online store stock checker so you can make sure your local store has one available

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think I'll take the plunge and get this phone when my current contract is up. Looks a decent phone for the money. Reassured by the comments on this thread too. Cheers.

Think I'll take the plunge and get this phone when my current contract is up. Looks a decent phone for the money. Reassured by the comments on this thread too. Cheers.

You won't be disappointed it a great phone and its very fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

mr170 wrote: »
    You won't be disappointed it a great phone and its very fast too.

Ordered one of these last night myself, just waiting for it arrive. Just saw this thread and as others have mentioned above, it's reassuring to say the least! :)
    Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭enryb12

How is everyone getting on with it still? thinking of getting it myself :)

Advertisement