Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the alien and ghost videos?

Options
  • 12-04-2015 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,297 ✭✭✭✭

Over the last decade or so, we have seen our world change dramatically in terms of technology and ability for events to be recorded.

Just check out any news site and you will see endless videos of weird/wonderful/funny/cruel/sad/exciting/strange/random things happening in every corner of the world.

Yet how come we still aren't seeing any good quality recordings of ghosts, aliens and the like?

Is it because, as I believe, they don't exist and there is nothing to record? Doesn't stop many believing though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Aliens are out there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

They're afraid of 4K video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Aliens and Ghosts are big business for some people

this is the only one that truly has any interesting background, and one of the largest reasons for project grudge and bluebook.

x1hamo.jpg

You're right though, there's a million dodgy pictures out there and even more dodgy stories, and what's more is that the people pandering these tales are often selling books or audience seats to lectures.

If i have time i'll post a few interesting cases that showed up on my radar (yep, i know) later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Ghosts no, aliens is another story. Limits of science (in our experience) would mean travel between civilisations is relatively impossible, pardon the pun. However communication might be possible, and that will probably be our first contact.
    In saying all that; are the ants in an ant farm aware of their observation? If indeed a civilisation has evolved far enough to come and study us who's to say we would even be aware that it is going on.

A rather depressing post script to the above is one theory I read online. It surmises that due to relativity, aliens would, rather than send 'manned' missions to other star systems, send intelligent self replicating AI probes. These probes would land on comets, moons or other planets and replicate themselves from available materials and launch on different paths around the galaxy. The theory goes that in as little as 20,000 years these probes would have spread pretty much over the entire Milky Way, an absence of these probes or similar crafts lends itself to a couple of observations. The best being, they have not reached us yet or no race has evolved that far yet and worst of all; we are indeed alone :(

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    In saying all that; are the ants in an ant farm aware of their observation? If indeed a civilisation has evolved far enough to come and study us who's to say we would even be aware that it is going on.

Or another theory is that they're so advanced that we're of no real interest to them. A bit like us going to another planet and discovering microbial life; nothing to write home about.

• Advertisement

Or another theory is that they're so advanced that we're of no real interest to them. A bit like us going to another planet and discovering microbial life; nothing to write home about.

Yep. Nothing to write home about.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,297 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ant's are advanced and have no interest in us? Seriously?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Ghosts no, aliens is another story. Limits of science (in our experience) would mean travel between civilisations is relatively impossible, pardon the pun. However communication might be possible, and that will probably be our first contact.

A rather depressing post script to the above is one theory I read online. It surmises that due to relativity, aliens would, rather than send 'manned' missions to other star systems, send intelligent self replicating AI probes. These probes would land on comets, moons or other planets and replicate themselves from available materials and launch on different paths around the galaxy. The theory goes that in as little as 20,000 years these probes would have spread pretty much over the entire Milky Way, an absence of these probes or similar crafts lends itself to a couple of observations. The best being, they have not reached us yet or no race has evolved that far yet and worst of all; we are indeed alone :(

Our Galaxy is roughly 120,000 light years across, so unless they're breaking the speed of light it'll take them a good bit longer to speread throughout the galaxy.

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Our Galaxy is roughly 120,000 light years across, so unless they're breaking the speed of light it'll take them a good bit longer to speread throughout the galaxy.

Could be that FTL travel is irrelevant to species older than ourselves in a galactic sense, after all, life here began out there.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ant's are advanced and have no interest in us? Seriously?:confused:

Where did a I say that? Obviously I meant the aliens are advanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hoop66 wrote: »

Indeed you are correct sir, from this wiki page it suggest a figure closer to 500,000 years; so I was just a wee bit out :o

They do mention a speed of 1/10 the speed of light as one being not beyond the realms of possibilities.

Another interesting observation I read was, considering the number of stars within our own galaxy and the number of galaxies in the known observable universe; that is was more of a mathematical certainty that you could predict which satellite would drop from orbit and land on your doorstep at a time of your choosing, then there not be other life somewhere in the universe. So hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Starshadow

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yet how come we still aren't seeing any good quality recordings of ghosts, aliens and the like?

For the same reason why God never comes down to earth anymore for some chit chat before he blows up a city.

They all very likely, don't exist.

Aliens however, lets just put an asterix on that one, depends on what you think they do...

Is it possible an alien species exists some where out there in the galaxies, extremely likely.

Are they living amongst us, probing us with all manners of horrific implements...possibly.

Are they 9 foot reptilians, that can shape shift and who control the global banking system...not likely, still more likely than a god enough.

You can make your points well enough without resorting to religion bashing.

Advertisement