Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenna/Aerial Question For The Tech Savvy On The Forum.

Options
  • 11-04-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Have asked a few in the Aviation industry yet as of yet no joy in determining exactly what the "Inverted L" or the "backwards 7' Antenna/Aerial is for exactly.

Any information appreciated.

image.jpg2_zpsldpryxtt.jpg

image.jpg1_zps26aooajk.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

It's actually the VHF 2 Antenna,the ELT Is the one in front of it.
    I cant post a link as ive too few posts but i finally found the answer on heliasset.com

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Chuck Aaron

Bussywussy wrote: »
    It's actually the VHF 2 Antenna,the ELT Is the one in front of it.
    I cant post a link as ive too few posts but i finally found the answer on heliasset.com

I'd an incling it was a VHF antenna alright.

Have you a background in Tech or Rotary by the way?

Get your 50 posts and join the picture club.

Genuine thanks for that kid, I'll hit the website.

Why the VHF 2 by the way?

Background is Commercial Fixed wing!! My guess for why its no.2 is because a standard EC135 prob has 1 vhf system and the antenna is situated at the back so the options for the 2nd VHF and ELT have them at the front instead of moving no.1 around avoiding confusion between the types

Background is Commercial Fixed wing!! My guess for why its no.2 is because a standard EC135 prob has 1 vhf system and the antenna is situated at the back so the options for the 2nd VHF and ELT have them at the front instead of moving no.1 around avoiding confusion between the types

Possibly possibly.

Have you seen the Inverted L shaped antenna in fixed wing before?

no not on any aircraft ive worked on,always the L-band(like the 3rd one back) in pic for DME and ATC antennae,the fin/blade type for VHF/ELT, round antenna for TCAS, other antennas come in other shapes and sizes like SATCOM, GSM, ADF, HF and other navigational antennae

• Advertisement

no not on any aircraft ive worked on,always the L-band(like the 3rd one back) in pic for DME and ATC antennae,the fin/blade type for VHF/ELT, round antenna for TCAS, other antennas come in other shapes and sizes like SATCOM, GSM, ADF, HF and other navigational antennae

Aye, standard, popped up and its just one of those kind of things that stick out.

Cheers for the input.

Advertisement