Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange/Rude Argos staff

Options
  • 11-04-2015 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I had what I can only describe as an odd experience in Argos in Blanchardstown a few days ago. I shop in there quite often (every couple of weeks or so). I was buying a couple of games that I had reserved online in a 2 for 29 euro deal. When I got to the checkout the girl asked me for 40 odd euro to which I showed her the email that I had printed showing the offer. The manager came over and gave me the reserved price which I think is pretty good of them since I don't think they actually have to give me the reserved price. Anyway a few minutes later I went up to collect the games at the counter. The guy that was working at the customer service desk got them for me. I handed him the receipt, he looked down at it, and then looked weirdly at me, and then said "that should have cost X amount". I asked if there was a problem and he then looked at me quite intensely and said "You've got away with that one, I'm on to you" and then immediately went back to serving someone at the customer service desk. I said excuse me to try and get his attention and he just flat out ignored me. I was wasn't quite sure what do make of the situation and just taken aback by the whole thing and I just left. Looking back I should have asked someone to get the manager but it was fairly busy at the time. Does anyone know how to make complaints to them online, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable going back to complain in case he denies it or anything. Anyone else ever have an experience like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

They have a website - tellargos.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Sounds like he was being sarcastic with a dry sense of humour.

Probably a college kid into his gaming and recognising you got a good offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭goodlad

Sounds like the lad cracked a joke... Not sure what there is to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

light hearted humour.. If he was intentional I doubt he woulda just continued serving others .. Don't think it's worth jeapordising his job over. Most customers appreciate it rather then a plastic have a great day say sir

Advertisement