Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Hardwareversand.de safe?

Options
  • 11-04-2015 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey guys, Im building a pc and becasue the Irish stores are too overpriced, is it safe to order from hardwareversand.de? Has anyone had any experiences? Do they charge 11.99 for shipping each part?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ShadowR34per

Thanks, when you get the power supply, will it be a UK plug or the ones they use in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That depends on the power supply. I got a German plug, a friend got a UK one, both from Be Quiet! So I don't know how tats decided.

Might be mentioned on the product page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ShadowR34per

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Even if you get a German plug that's easy enough to solve - you might have a spare UK one already, or just pick up a new lead from an electronics store.

Only thing I wouldnt order from hardwareversand is a keyboard/laptop as you'll get a german layout. Also be careful to order the english/international version of Windows. I'm sure the German version can be made work, and then pick a localisation when installed but why take on that hassle for the difference of 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Sand wrote: »
    Even if you get a German plug that's easy enough to solve - you might have a spare UK one already, or just pick up a new lead from an electronics store.

Only thing I wouldnt order from hardwareversand is a keyboard/laptop as you'll get a german layout. Also be careful to order the english/international version of Windows. I'm sure the German version can be made work, and then pick a localisation when installed but why take on that hassle for the difference of 5 euro.

This

Or get windows from reddit 20 euro. Save you some

Just out of curiosity post list of parts and prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement