Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike training

Options
  • 11-04-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

A little advice in the best way to spend my bike sessions a week ..
    Looking really for the best bang per time I have to spend on the bike .. I am really limited with time this year .. I swim 3 sessions a week, run 3 and only getting 2 bike sessions , 1 in the trainer for an hour and the other 50-80km on a Sunday morning ..
    I do use a power meter and trainer road
    It's really hard to know what the correct sessions I need to be doing . I am usually strong on the bike so it gets the least time .. But I still don't want to drop time on the bike either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What are you trying to achieve?
    What is your goal race / distance?
    Could you fit one more 1hr session on the turbo in each week?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

AKW wrote: »
    What are you trying to achieve?
    What is your goal race / distance?
    Could you fit one more 1hr session on the turbo in each week?

I'd really like to see gains if 10-15% on my FTP at the moment I think I remaining a bit static ...
    As for race distance the big race really this year is the age group euros in Geneva and that's going to be the sprint

After that the national series with a couple of Olympics and then hopefully a middle distance by the end if the year ...

Fitting in another turbo is going to be hard .. At the moment .. Between work , going back to collage to do a degree and 2 kids under 4 a missus that works shift there's just not enought hours in the day ...

I know I could achieve this with an extra session but I am finding it very hard to juggle hard sessions , long sessions , tempo ,rest etc..

A bit of coaching probably would help to give me some direction with the best way to use my limited time ..but it probably late in the day for that

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

My favourite turbo set was 12x5min on 85%hr (did not use power meter at that time) on 1min easy. Cut down to 10 repeats and you have 60 of hard training.

You want to improve so you need to push hard.

Worked for me.

Advertisement