Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still feel crap.

Options
  • 11-04-2015 1:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8

So I quit cold turkey three months ago today and I still feel like im smoking twenty a day. I still find it a struggle to walk up the stairs, I still cannot taste or smell anything properly and I still feel tired and dehydrated. Are there really any benefits of quitting smoking because I cannot feel any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

Hi OP,

Congrats on quitting and staying off them for 3 months. There definitely are many, many benefits but going from my own experience and that of others, quitting alone isn't enough- Usually other changes are made alongside quitting smoking, diet, exercise, etc.

It may sound obvious but what is your diet like? Are you getting enough exercise, such as a brisk 30 minute walk? Are you drinking enough water a day, at least 2l?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 normanbates

Congrats on quitting and staying off them for 3 months. There definitely are many, many benefits but going from my own experience and that of others, quitting alone isn't enough- Usually other changes are made alongside quitting smoking, diet, exercise, etc.

Hi OP,

It may sound obvious but what is your diet like? Are you getting enough exercise, such as a brisk 30 minute walk? Are you drinking enough water a day, at least 2l?

Apart from smoking I am pretty healthy im a vegatarian and I drink alot of water. I gave up smoking because it didn't fit my lifestyle and now I feel worse than ever . And thank you

Advertisement