Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday, March 11th

Options
  • 11-04-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Becoming increasingly frustrating, Fire Fighting (15.00) is now fitted with first time cheekpieces in the hope it will enable him to regain winning ways. Although disappointing last time out over 1m 6f, he recently went agonizingly close over 1m 4f and 1m 3f at Kempton and Meydan respectively. (Touched off by just a nose on both occasions). This is easier and the fitting of cheekpieces may be pivotal. The booking of Adam Kirby is another huge plus and with Gold Trail looking beatable, the 7/1 on offer at the moment looks huge.

Three Musketeers (13.30) landed a minor novice with relative ease back in December, before improving significantly to snatch a Grade 2, holding on gamely and beating two subsequent winners in the process. Apparently kept fresh with this race in mind and with further improvement extremely likely, 9/1 looks like the best value in the race.

With the Jeremy Noseda yard in scorching form it's worth noting the strike-rate when Jimmy Fortune rides for him. In the last twelve months of 9 rides, only two of them have been out of the frame (1 win, 2 places in the last 3 weeks). With this in mind Nigel's Destiny (16.45) looks sure to go close. Already boasting winning form over Godolphin runner Tijan and given the latter has failed to justify favoritism the last thrice, the Nigel's Destiny should be able to confirm the placings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Jetson looks a big price in the Stayers Hurdle...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

Its April not March. That would make it Cheltenham week again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Its April not March. That would make it Cheltenham week again.

Jesas that would be great.

Guilty of a date f up myself recently but seriously whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I think Ballybolley could be worth a few quid each way in the first race, he is four from four on the ground and two from two at the course, he also has a good record with the jockey and over the distace. He has a lot to find on ratings but at 28/1 worth a small play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Shemale wrote: »
    I think Ballybolley could be worth a few quid each way in the first race, he is four from four on the ground and two from two at the course, he also has a good record with the jockey and over the distace. He has a lot to find on ratings but at 28/1 worth a small play.

Agree with this also have Solar Impulse at 9-1 in the 2.05 really think he is a fantastic price in such a small field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Took the 5s on One For The Guv'nr in the 5.10 at Aintree, short enough for a competitive handicap but I think he's a star in the making. Henderson has brought this one along slowly but I think he could make a mockery of an opening mark of 135. He's a very strong traveller and the likely fast pace should allow him to get settled better. Aintree looks made for him and the ground is no problem, I think this is a graded performer in the making.

Can't resist God's Own at 9/4 either, best form in the race by a mile and a hugely experienced top class novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Johner wrote: »
    Took the 5s on One For The Guv'nr in the 5.10 at Aintree, short enough for a competitive handicap but I think he's a star in the making. Henderson has brought this one along slowly but I think he could make a mockery of an opening mark of 135. He's a very strong traveller and the likely fast pace should allow him to get settled better. Aintree looks made for him and the ground is no problem, I think this is a graded performer in the making.

Yea I've this guy backed too, looks a good prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

A few weeks back Paul Nicholls was asked about a horse to watch in the future and he name As De Mee who runs in the 1.30 at Aintree. Fair enough he said he will make a good chaser in the coming years but it's worth a punt today if he thinks highly of the horse. 12/1 looks good value imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

The first Aintree race

I backed Nicholas Caynon at Leopardstown at Christmas.Didn't touch him at Cheltenham.I don't think he can do the distance, but Cheltenham proved he could. It's the ground though, based on his flat form, no. Parlour Games looks good but don't rate the trainer,but, he might be more experienced. Anyone think Sub Lieutenant is worth an each way look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,446 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Knights Templar backed from 10's to 6's already is one I fancy in the 4:00 at Wexford. Rated as high as 83, it's way down to a handicap mark of 57. Has been a course winner here at Gowran, my only worry is that the ground doesn't quite suit (seems to favour better ground). This race just might be a prelude of things to come for this horse this year, so low conviction e/w pick for me.

Johner wrote: »
    Can't resist God's Own at 9/4 either, best form in the race by a mile and a hugely experienced top class novice.

He deserves it, but,

I have a nagging feeling Nicholls horse,Solar impulse, might be in contention, the price is more attractive.hard to resist

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Just the one double today in races other then the National. Gods Own to win and Jetson to place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

6 horses I backed at Cheltenham that didn't win have ended up winning at Aintree. Of course I didn't back any of them this weekend.

Parlour Games can hopefully add to that, although because I've backed him probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Gods own should be odds on in that next race. 9/4 is huge if your into that kind of price..

Go **** is on Channel 4 now.

AP house is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Have to watch on racing uk instead of ch4 Gok wang enough is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Solar impulse was entered in a handicap friday and pulled for this race that could be a sign.
    The 2 horses I see well in in the national are ridiculously priced. Super duty at 150-1 available this morning and dolatulo at 100-1.
    No idea how nobody is on the super duty train, this has been his target from his return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Seedling had to be put down after his fall in the first.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Seedling had to be put down after his fall in the first.

Very sad for everyone involved. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Much and all as Gods Own didn't travel as well as usual, I thought Brennan was piss poor. Not sure what his plan was at the second last but he should have gone between them instead of going where there was no room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭2Bints1Joe

This fashion crap would do your head in. It has no place in a racing broadcast

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

2Bints1Joe wrote: »
    This fashion crap would do your head in. It has no place in a racing broadcast

Better than having to put up with Rebeckha Feehgeuson yesterday!
    I find that switching to At the Races in between Aintree races works well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

They showing the 3.25?

Forget it just on. Not much cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

6/1 shutthefrontdoor. Absolutely scandalous price.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Druids folly chepstow 6.00 5/2-7/4 might have missed the boat got a phone call from England.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Duke Of Lucca jumped so sweetly all the way round except twice when he was asked for one. Cheeky horse

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Skintwin wrote: »
    Better than having to put up with Rebeckha Feehgeuson yesterday!
    I find that switching to At the Races in between Aintree races works well

Why not rte

Watching the 3.45 at Chepstow, Up for an Oscar's jumping is something else

At least it was until he unseated his jockey

• Advertisement

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Why not rte

I didn't even realise it was on RTE...we just went with CH4 yesterday

Advertisement