Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Holidays in July/August

Options
  • 10-04-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good cheapish holiday destination for a week or ten days in the summer? There will probably be two couples with one 2/3 year old each. Just looking for nice weather, pool, stuff for the kids to do during the day and maybe a few nice restaurants and bars for the odd night out. We could share the babysitting at least. Can only go in July and August so we realise prices are much higher then.
    I've heard Canaries is too hot during those months but apart from that and other places of similar temperature would be open-minded enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Shandon wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good cheapish holiday destination for a week or ten days in the summer? There will probably be two couples with one 2/3 year old each. Just looking for nice weather, pool, stuff for the kids to do during the day and maybe a few nice restaurants and bars for the odd night out. We could share the babysitting at least. Can only go in July and August so we realise prices are much higher then.
    I've heard Canaries is too hot during those months but apart from that and other places of similar temperature would be open-minded enough.

Value for money wise probably can't go wrong with any of the main Spanish & Portuguese resorts really but I think these may be actually hotter than say Lanzarote which has day temperatures of mid to high 20's in July so wouldn't rule out the Canaries totally

We are staying at Costa Sal inJuly http://www.costasal.com/eng/index.php?id=IN
    Haven't stayed here before but the reviews are very good, but flight prices are dear enough if you are DIYing it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 guestus

The Canaries won't be hotter than other Europen resorts. Have been twice over the years and it was way cooler than any other places in August. In Lanzarote there is a constant breeze, last year was quite strong/ annoying at times .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

For best prices go mid July or mid to late August.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mainland spain is a lot hotter in the summer than the Canary Islands
    Check out Tenerife great stuff to do with the kids
    Would recommend bitacora hotel in playa de ingles superb facilities for the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Value for money wise probably can't go wrong with any of the main Spanish & Portuguese resorts really but I think these may be actually hotter than say Lanzarote which has day temperatures of mid to high 20's in July so wouldn't rule out the Canaries totally

We are staying at Costa Sal inJuly http://www.costasal.com/eng/index.php?id=IN
    Haven't stayed here before but the reviews are very good, but flight prices are dear enough if you are DIYing it
    I've stayed in the Costa Sal three times, most recently last July and going again this year, probably September. It's a fantastic spot and I'm sure you'll love it. If you want any tips, let me know!

It would be perfect for the OP. There's plenty to do for the kids, great facilities and the bar/restaurant are pretty good - I've seen guests eat there every night of their stay, but there's plenty of choice nearby without having to do that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement