Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Kil Moon. NCH August 6 2015

Options
  • 09-04-2015 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Sun Kil Moon are playing the NCH in Dublin on Thursday August 6. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning via www.nch.ie

Mr Kozelek was excellent in the button factory last year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Tickets got. He shouldnt have any issues with people coming and going and distracting him in the NCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

Bring your drum sticks, could make a handy €500

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Never been to the NCH before, is it all seated? A heap of spots in the main area are already gone, kinda surprising considering how many were at his Button Factory show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Never been to the NCH before, is it all seated? A heap of spots in the main area are already gone, kinda surprising considering how many were at his Button Factory show
    NCH is all seated. The button factory gig sold out last year.

Peter File wrote: »
    NCH is all seated. The button factory gig sold out last year.
    Oh huh. I guess I got my ticket mad early then.
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this Thursday, best venue in town

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Anyone know whether there will be support?

Usually not in the NCH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

whatever76 wrote: »
    Well what did people think of that ? First time seeing him and really enjoyed it and he quite funny as well ... Being a girl I should have sat up front !!!

BTW didn't really enjoy his cover of Jailbreak ! His cover of Send in the clowns however was awesome !!

I loved it. Really enjoying these shows with the band, prefer it to just him and guitar.

Concert Hall was perfect for it too, nice long and comfortable show!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

He recorded a cover of Send in the Clowns previously if you liked it. Personally I'm not wild about his version but it is a beautiful song.

I thought they were excellent save the encore but that was fun in its own way. Loved his voice, loved how it started with him playing the organ, thought the band were great and the humour on point. Would have preferred more of my favourites but as they were touring Benji which I haven't really gotten into I wasn't surprised.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote: »
    He recorded a cover of Send in the Clowns previously if you liked it. Personally I'm not wild about his version but it is a beautiful song.

I thought they were excellent save the encore but that was fun in its own way. Loved his voice, loved how it started with him playing the organ, thought the band were great and the humour on point. Would have preferred more of my favourites but as they were touring Benji which I haven't really gotten into I wasn't surprised.

Touring Universal Themes.

Yeah I absolutely love Benji and Universal Themes hence my enjoyment!

Not according to the literature:

https://www.nch.ie/Online/Press-This-Must-Be-The-Place

Anyway, I haven't gotten into that one either.

Misprint I think, his Button Factory performance last year was the Benji tour.

Anyways utterly fantastic night, every bit as perfect as I'd hoped it to be! I was the guy who took up the front seats offered at the start, went from far back to right up front and I even got to cheer on Dogs!
    Carry Me Ohio, I Watched the Film The Song Remains the Same and This Is My First Day... being highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Loved it.
    Being honest I didn't really know the band or music, I wanted something different and I got just that, loved that he engaged with crowd a lot and found him very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I thought it was great too. Took me till the second song to realise Koz was playing the organ at the back! That was pretty cool.

Loved the Nick Cave cover, the band overall were really great. The "humour" was typical, I think people are generally nervous about laughing or shouting things back to him, hence the silence. When will people get over shouting out song names though, pointless.

Having said that, interesting to hear Carry Me Ohio, as I thought it was the weakest of the night. Probably just under-rehearsed. Not sure what the point of bringing the kid up to play the drum, or what the context was?

I prefer Universal Themes to Benji, so I was happy to hear so many songs from it, as well as UK Blues. I think it's right for him not to go back earlier than this, as his new delivery suits his new material but wouldn't work on, say, Katy Song or Have You Forgotten or something like that.

Two hours 45 mins was a long show though. Glad it was seated!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

Not sure what the point of bringing the kid up to play the drum, or what the context was?
    QUOTE]

In Decembers gig in the Button Factory. He asked the audience could if anyone could hold a beat and play for a few tunes.
    This young guy got up and played on the last 5/6 songs.

Mark was impressed and counted him out €500 for his troubles.

He was front row again this gig.no €500 this time but a nice impromptu Modest Mouse cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Beans_On wrote: »
    Not sure what the point of bringing the kid up to play the drum, or what the context was?
    QUOTE]

In Decembers gig in the Button Factory. He asked the audience could if anyone could hold a beat and play for a few tunes.
    This young guy got up and played on the last 5/6 songs.

Mark was impressed and counted him out €500 for his troubles.

He was front row again this gig.no €500 this time but a nice impromptu Modest Mouse cover!

Oh man, I missed that Button Factory gig, I'd have loved to play drums with him! :-)

Maybe when they announced the gig, Universal Themes hadn't been released. Or maybe a misprint.

Hard to believe he nearly played for three hours. Certainly didn't feel that long, probably because a lot of his songs clock in over the five minute mark.

Hard to believe he nearly played for three hours. Certainly didn't feel that long, probably because a lot of his songs clock in over the five minute mark.

Didn't feel like it at all. Seats being comfortable helps I spose.

More gigs in concert hall would be great. Not letting people in during songs is great. Starting at the advertised time. Amazing! Ha

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a great venue alright. I feel it partly contributed to the hushed reverence which Mark didn't quite get. But as an audience member I really loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Decuc500

"House of 1000 Corpses". Very funny.

I thought it was a great gig from the dramatic organ start to the ramshackle encore.

Advertisement