Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Exam Papers

Options
  • 09-04-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey, fellow Leaving Cert student here. I'd like to ask for advise - how should one use exam papers in study? I'm studying at least a few hours everyday for a while now, and have most courses revised atleast once, some twice, and I'm close to heading straight to exam papers only, and I was wondering how to use them to their best? Should I do the question on my own and then grade myself from the marking scheme, should I use the book while doing the question so I can practice doing them correctly, or should I have the marking scheme next to me and writing perfect answers?

a little background, I'm doing History, Business, English (these 3 revised almost twice), Biology, Maths (these only once), French and another foreign language. All Higher Level. Aiming for AABABBA respectively. Repeat student, got 400 points last year with OL english (I know, huge jump, but tbh I knew I was repeating very early on, and so I didn't really bother with LC then, and only studied for like 3 weeks towards the end of May, June).

Also, in general, any tips ? any safe (atleast as safe as one can be) predictions for the following exams? Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Do them as you would in an exam, timing etc, then go back with the marking scheme, correct your answers and redo them properly

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

in biology, I revise the chapter first then do questions, using my notes if I want. Then I correct them with the marking schemes.
    Exam questions for maths, use notes if need be. English - look at notes before question, then do Q, time self.
    German - time myself always for comprehensions, auberungs

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Noire

For Biology, I have a lot of the marking schemes bookmarked on my phone so it's less of a hassle when I want to correct something. I'd really recommend it!! Using examinations' archive system drives my head in >:c

As for actual studying, just read over the chapter at first then do as many exam questions as you can in half an hour. After that I usaully mark them, see where I went wrong and do another set of exam papers. This way I learn from my mistakes more effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mahmoudsaid_1

Goodluck!

Advertisement